News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger vin tag & title on Ebay

Started by tan top, October 29, 2021, 02:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

chargerperson

besides the ethical question did the seller not realize the first two letters are "XP" and not "XS"?

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: chargerperson on November 03, 2021, 09:10:32 PM
besides the ethical question did the seller not realize the first two letters are "XP" and not "XS"?

It's not listed as an R/T.     Just says 1969 Charger which XP qualifies as.

That's a lot for a vin tag but whatever...   I'm sure there's projects out there that could use it.   It won't make the rest of the body or engine match.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

AKcharger

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on November 04, 2021, 06:08:26 AM
...   It won't make the rest of the body or engine match.

Agree but just for the sake of discussion it can't be too hard to stamp and trunk and radiator support? This car would not be worth it but say turning a '70 XH car into '70 440 6 pack/Hemi car? If it someone could add$50-$70K just by doing some skillful welding and stamping a few numbers and add tork boxes...

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: AKcharger on November 04, 2021, 08:27:18 AM
...   It won't make the rest of the body or engine match.

Agree but just for the sake of discussion it can't be too hard to stamp and trunk and radiator support? This car would not be worth it but say turning a '70 XH car into '70 440 6 pack/Hemi car? If it someone could add$50-$70K just by doing some skillful welding and stamping a few numbers and add tork boxes...

I suppose...  Not that I'm advocating anything.

In this case,  it would just make something legal to get a title that was a parts car or maybe the dash frame with the vin was removed ?    Whatever.   
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

AKcharger

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on November 04, 2021, 08:44:55 AM

In this case,  it would just make something legal to get a title that was a parts car or maybe the dash frame with the vin was removed ?    Whatever.   

Yeah, well in this case provided both cars were legal I don't see a big deal about it. Only reall issue is if the donor car was stole in the past 1/2 century

DownZero

AKcharger

JB400

Too bad you can't just call up Dodge and order a new body in white, add the tag, and have a new 69 charger again

chargerperson

That's a lot for a vin tag but whatever...   I'm sure there's projects out there that could use it.   It won't make the rest of the body or engine match.

My point was that an XS title would be worth a lot more.  can't imagine who would pay 1,200 for an XP one

moparstuart

Quote from: DownZero on November 04, 2021, 05:38:51 PM
Title shows a lien holder.
looks like it has the Lein Release stapled to it thats how they do it here in Missouri
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

taxman

I foolishly parted out a 68 Charger R/T back in 1985.  I saved the title, dash with the VIN still intact, fender tag, truck lip with VIN, core with VIN and certicard.  Car was a 4 speed in a desirable color combination.

AKcharger

It happens, a pal and I paid a junk yard $100 to take any parts we could carry off a '70 R/T. my pal wanted the dash pad but when he couldn't figure out how to removed it he just smashed it...we paid for it lol

Penthouse Pauper

As much as the ethical questions of messing around with vehicle identities bother me, I definitely understand why someone might be motivated to pay so much. I don't think other states have it as bad as mine, but at least in MA, if you don't have a title or previous registration, you're essentially SOL. The only legal option is a bonded title, and to even apply for that you essentially have to restore the car to roadworthy condition, then put up double the value of the car and if an owner with paperwork comes forward within ten years, they get all the money. I had to pass on a lot of decent looking projects before I finally found one with good paperwork. Still ended up paying sales tax twice to properly complete the transfer of ownership. As you can imagine, I'm a big fan of the Mass RMV  ::)

cbrestorations

Quote from: chargerperson on November 05, 2021, 03:11:50 PM

My point was that an XS title would be worth a lot more.  can't imagine who would pay 1,200 for an XP one

Base model vins sell for 1000-1500 a lot more often then you think

chargervert

Quote from: taxman on November 05, 2021, 07:53:29 PM
I foolishly parted out a 68 Charger R/T back in 1985.  I saved the title, dash with the VIN still intact, fender tag, truck lip with VIN, core with VIN and certicard.  Car was a 4 speed in a desirable color combination.

Get your amd catalog out and start ordering up the pieces! People have started with less!