News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aero cars on the circuit

Started by C500, November 03, 2021, 01:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

Small circuit that is..slot car set
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

odcics2

Cool stuff!
I assume that #88 was too far in
front to fit in the photos?
:lol:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

C500

Quote from: odcics2 on November 03, 2021, 07:42:31 PM
Cool stuff!
I assume that #88 was too far in
front to fit in the photos?

haha.... yip, something like that  :icon_smile_big:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

aerolith

Could not find any pictures of an 88 Daytona on track?
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

Who is Dan Gurney?

Is this the real 88 or the fake one...? :slap:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

69_500

Quote from: aerolith on November 14, 2021, 08:52:09 AM
Who is Dan Gurney?

Is this the real 88 or the fake one...? :slap:

New picture is absolutely the REAL 88.

C500

Quote from: aerolith on November 14, 2021, 08:51:08 AM

there wasn't any... the oxy-moron of it  ;)  :cheers:

Aero426

:rofl:
Quote from: C500 on November 14, 2021, 04:58:42 PM

there wasn't any... the oxy-moron of it  ;)  :cheers:

Future Trans-Am champ Dorsey Schroeder.   Factory supported IMSA GTU team.   ;)

odcics2

Quote from: C500 on November 14, 2021, 04:58:42 PM

there wasn't any... the oxy-moron of it  ;)  :cheers:

Yeah, not many...

cdr

Did they shorten the front of the fenders & nose on the 88 ?? or is it an opticle delusion  
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Mytur Binsdirti

The B&W photo of 'ol 88 shows all white wheels & the color photo shows white rims with blue centers. What kind of a restoration job is that?!?!

odcics2

Certainly thought you knew the car is totally restored to the way it was on March 24th., 1970, when it broke the 200 mph barrier at Talladega, setting yet another World Record.
Black and white pic is when it sat on the pole for the inaugural Talladega 500, September 1969.
That was it's first official World Record.
:coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:
It had previously tested on the high bank at the Chelsea Proving Grounds at 205 in July, 69.
Not official since it wasn't done with Nascar timing equipment.

odcics2

Quote from: cdr on November 15, 2021, 12:37:15 PM
Did they shorten the front of the fenders & nose on the 88 ?? or is it an opticle delusion  

Illusion.
But from the centerline of the front wheels, the entire front droops down.
The front edge of the nose is about 4" lower than a production street front clip.

The entire front sheet metal, cowl forward, is original.
Only repairs were for some rusted areas.

cdr

Quote from: odcics2 on November 15, 2021, 02:42:47 PM
Quote from: cdr on November 15, 2021, 12:37:15 PM

Illusion.
But from the centerline of the front wheels, the entire front droops down.
The front edge of the nose is about 4" lower than a production street front clip.

The entire front sheet metal, cowl forward, is original.
Only repairs were for some rusted areas.

Thank you Sir for the response !!!
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

odcics2

Leading edge of the cone is about 15" from the ground.
That's low, mr. !!!  👍