News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1971 Charger R/T Citron Yella Project Car *SOLD*

Started by 69bronzeT5, November 04, 2021, 01:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Real deal factory U-Code 440 Magnum 1971 Dodge Charger R/T project originally optioned in High-Impact GY3 Citron Yella/Curious Yellow with a black vinyl top, black stripes and black bucket seat interior. Have original fender tag, vin tag and partial broadcast sheet.

Have some documentation including older pictures of it and original dealership ad with it. Also have original dealership emblem for it.

Was originally a coded dealership demonstrator for Crosstown Motors in Edmonton, Alberta. Originally optioned with a 440 Magnum engine, 727 Torqueflite automatic transmission with console mounted Slapstik shifter, 3.23 Sure Grip rear end, center console, hood mounted turn signals, hood pins, 15x7 Rallye wheels, front power disc brakes, power steering. Was painted blue at some point but you can still see the factory yellow on the roof along with the engine bay and door jambs etc.

I purchased the car around five years ago with the intentions of restoring it eventually but have decided to sell it to free up some space and focus on my other cars. Since I purchased it, I've collected and installed some parts including a beautiful 1971 trunk lid and pretty good passenger front fender. Most of the parts for the car are there. The trunk is loaded full of parts. Wiper motor etc is in the trunk.

Comes with the following extra used parts (I'm sure I'm forgetting to mention some stuff):
-Pair of pretty nice standard doors (to transfer R/T gills onto)
-Two passenger side grilles (one nice and one needs love)
-Extra Rallye dash frame
-Extra Center Console
-Center Console brackets
-Donor used rocker panels

New Parts:
-Auto Metal Direct front driver side floor pan
-Auto Metal Direct Rear Crossmember Extensions
-ECS Auto reproduction vin door decal
-New Charger R/T dash emblem

Not numbers matching. Has a 1969 non-HP 440 under the hood. Has 1971 440 intake. No carb or exhaust manifolds. 1973 727 Torqueflite auto transmission and the original 8 3/4 rear differential. Rolling on 14" Rallye wheels. It's a total project and needs a lot of love but has a lot of potential. Needs quarter panels and rocker panels for sure as they are rough along with trunk floor extensions, inner fenders and various patches here and there. Pretty typical Mopar stuff.

Frame rails and torsion bar crossmember are in good shape along with the roof, cowl, firewall etc. Trunk floor and most of the floor pans are in good shape too. The drivers floor pan needs to be replaced for sure along with the transmission tunnel as someone crudely installed a four-speed in it at some point.

The high dollar parts such as the R/T hood with the louvered insert is there along with the R/T gilled doors (they are rough and need the gills transferred to the donor doors that are included) and the R/T louvered tail light bezels.

Not often do these high-impact coloured nicely optioned factory R/Ts come up for sale with the fender tag and etc.

Clean B.C registration/title in my name! VIN and fender tag matches the cowl and radiator support numbers.

$10,500 USD obo. Located in Kelowna, British Columbia but can be brought to U.S border. (B.C/Washington). Can send pictures of various areas if requested but serious inquiries only please. Open to offers but no lowballs please. Only wasting your time and mine.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine