News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New charger project

Started by AZMoparboy, November 08, 2021, 03:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZMoparboy

Hi All,

I don't post very often because most of the time I just search and find what I need and then move on. But back in September on the holiday weekend I went and picked up over in San Jose a dark green 68 charger. I knew that it had some damage to it but this car was a great piece of metal. I couldn't believe how solid everything was. Yes the traditional places that are very common to rust even in a dry environment.

I have just started to dig into the car and noticed that there were a lot of different style repairs that had been done to the car. One in particular was a patch, it was braised on and then bonbon over then bend it over the rocker area and paint it. Another one, dents in the rear corner piece of the passenger side. It had been filled in with glass filling sand it over and then painted the body color of the car. Then as I kept looking I found damage to where they had repaired the front rail on the passenger side basically someone had beating the floor down and just hit and miss welding all over the place. It didn't make sense to any of the repairs. there wasn't any sort of real professional or even amateur repairs that have been attempted on this car. But here's the interesting part, there were holes in the rocker panel on the bottom on both sides of the car that had nut receptacles installed in them as if they had mounted something on the bottom of the car. Nothing else was attached to the car in this position. But then it came to my attention that the car had a very dull finish to it. Could this car have been a TV/movie prop car. It came with a rear bumper that had a 2000 license plate on it. One more thing, the vinyl roof had been taken off of it but the remnants of the edges of the vinyl top had been left still screwed to the top of the car. It did look like it had been painted this way on purpose as well.

So what do you guys think of my car and the condition that I received it i?

Azmoparboy