News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Power Window Not Working: Front Pass Only

Started by bad88t-top, November 15, 2021, 03:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bad88t-top

Hi guys,   I'm in the final stages of my 1970 Charger R/T restoration and I'm experiencing an issue with the front Pass window working.   I've jumped the window using a batter box and the motor works fine.   All 3 of the other windows work as expected except the front passenger.  I have power to the center pin of the 5 eyelet switch connector but nothing when pushing the switch.   I tried another rear switch and same thing, but both switches work fine on the rear windows.   That eliminates the switch being the issue.
I have power into the window motor harness but no ground.   If I add a ground, to the harness thru the 2 wire plug (to the motor), it works.  I know it's something silly but I'm not the best at wiring so I figured I'd ask.   There's only 1 ground on the power window harness and the other 3 windows are working fine, so I'm baffled.   I'm open to suggestions on what to try, I really appreciate any feedback.  Possibly someone has a schematic of this circuit and they'd be willign to help me with what and where to test w/ the test light.   Thanks in advance.

-Thanks    Bill
TX9 70 Charger RT: 6 pack, 4 speed, A33 Saddle interior, red stripe
EB7 70 Charger RT SE: PS, PB, PW, PSunroof, Defogger, Air, loaded
FC7 70 Charger RT: 440 4 speed, Dana, white longitudinal, black vinyl
EB5 70 Charger RT: 440 4 speed, Dana, B5 interior, white long stripe
EB5 70 Charger RT SE: V code 4speed A34, charcoal interior, loaded
F8 69 Charger: Power Sunroof Car
13 Duramax 2500HD: Tow Rig
17 Durango RT

A383Wing

sounds like you need a new master control switch, or have yours rebuilt. When you operate the passenger window switch on the passenger door panel, both power and ground must flow through the master switch on the drivers door when the toggle lever for the front passenger motor is in the "neutral or rest" position. This is made this way so you cannot operate both switches for the one motor and possibly cause a short circuit

Bryan

bad88t-top

Thank you for the response.  I'll try another master switch and I'll let you know what happens.  Hmmmm. Interesting
17 Durango RT

bad88t-top

Hi,   I tried installing a 4 gang switch from my other 70 Charger and that did not fix the issue.   The pass front window still does not work, from either the 4 gang or the single gang on the pass door.   Any other suggestions would be fantastic.   Thanks everyone
17 Durango RT