News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tires!

Started by lloyd3, November 21, 2021, 02:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lloyd3

I know the news is full these days of stories about inflation and problems with the supply chain, but I have finally felt it first hand here (other than at the grocery store).  I've needed a set of tires for my little econobox Honda for some time, but hit something on the road coming home from work the other night.  That little doughnut spare works (thankfully!) but it looks gawd-awful and is a serious motivator to replace things properly. Doing that on a short notice here, however, isn't nearly as easy as it once was. Two-week wait for an appointment at Costco locally (less at the competition, only several days) and no real values on tires anywhere now.  Ouch!

426HemiChick

Quote from: lloyd3 on November 21, 2021, 02:15:29 PM
I know the news is full these days of stories about inflation and problems with the supply chain, but I have finally felt it first hand here (other than at the grocery store).  I've needed a set of tires for my little econobox Honda for some time, but hit something on the road coming home from work the other night.  That little doughnut spare works (thankfully!) but it looks gawd-awful and is a serious motivator to replace things properly. Doing that on a short notice here, however, isn't nearly as easy as it once was. Two-week wait for an appointment at Costco locally (less at the competition, only several days) and no real values on tires anywhere now.  Ouch!

Hi Lloyd,             22 November 2021

Last time we bought tires was early this year to replace the 4 on the 09 Ram we bought. Cost us over $1K for those four weenies. In all, within less than a year we bought 24 new tires for five cars and a truck.

Your difficulty in finding a good deal on tires may be history for the foreseeable future. It's unfortunate but reality; we need to get used to it cause it ain't going away any time soon.

Have you tried ordering a new vehicle lately? Not like the "Good Old Days." Prices for used vehicles is skyrocketing. Yeah, you can go in and buy from inventory . . . . if they have any. If they do, be prepared to pay the marked up sticker price.

Take Care

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

RiverRaider

I have good luck with discount tire direct.  I mount and balance myself so no scheduling issues.  They will match competitor pricing.  They price matched my 99 plow truck tires saving me 80 bucks earlier this year and a couple weeks ago it only took 3 days to get a set of Blizzaks delivered for my winter beater.
My first Charger was a Stock Car.

Wingnut426

I too have my own tire machine. I have been able to find great deals on used tires,(yes used), on Craigslist.  People buy summer or winter tires and sell their car and the tires they bought don't fit the new car. I am smart enough to buy used tires with good dates on them and I inspect every tire with a fine tooth comb. WINGNUT
HEMI Daytona Convertible

RallyeMike

I've gotten into the habit of searching Craiglist and FB Marketplace for factory take offs. People buy custom sets and sell the originals. Usually they just want them gone, so I have gotten very good deals. I've done this twice on the Ram, and then sold the used set to sweeten the deal even more.

2nd rec on Discount Tire. They have always matched any price I have taken to them.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

green69rt

Quote from: RallyeMike on November 24, 2021, 12:38:58 PM
I've gotten into the habit of searching Craiglist and FB Marketplace for factory take offs. People buy custom sets and sell the originals. Usually they just want them gone, so I have gotten very good deals. I've done this twice on the Ram, and then sold the used set to sweeten the deal even more.

2nd rec on Discount Tire. They have always matched any price I have taken to them.

Another vote for DT, used them for 20 years.  They have warehouses around the country so give them a check.  They may be able to get you what yo need fast.

426HemiChick

Quote from: lloyd3 on November 21, 2021, 02:15:29 PM

Hi Folks,                  25 November 2021

Received an email from DT; they are having a "Black Friday" sale. Have always had good luck with them. Hope you find the tires you want and need at a great price.

HAPPY THANKS GIVING Everyone !!!

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

lloyd3

Thanks Ladies, I ended up at a Firestone store (remember them?). Got what I needed for a reasonable price (after a fairly long wait....they were short-staffed).

b5blue

My Dakota has Firestone's on all 4 corners.  :2thumbs: