News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

oil mods

Started by justcruisin, December 04, 2021, 04:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justcruisin

Is it worth blocking the lifter bank gallery after the gauge output point, I have opened up the feed for the 2-5 mains, radiused the pickup to pump drillings and checked pump alignment.
SFT cam (xe282s) with EDM lifters. If it is worth while, what size hole should I drill in the plug to allow oil through for the 0.012" EDM holes, 0.060"?
Street car, will see the track 3-4 times a year, 440.

cdr

Quote from: justcruisin on December 04, 2021, 04:54:10 PM
Is it worth blocking the lifter bank gallery after the gauge output point, I have opened up the feed for the 2-5 mains, radiused the pickup to pump drillings and checked pump alignment.
SFT cam (xe282s) with EDM lifters. If it is worth while, what size hole should I drill in the plug to allow oil through for the 0.012" EDM holes, 0.060"?

I see no reason to block oil to 1/2 the lifters [ driverside] bushing the lifter bores is the correct way, IMO
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

justcruisin

Yes - I agree, I wont bother, the lifters still require oil pressure with the EDM, restricting the flow could compromise that, especially if there is too much lifter bore wear.

metallicareload99

Quote from: justcruisin on December 04, 2021, 04:54:10 PM

By my math, an .060" hole should have about three times the area of the holes in the lifters, I'd think that's a good size.

I put a restriction in my 440, I think I drilled a 3/32" hole. I have a solid roller cam with Comp bushed lifters.  Inspected after the first 3,000 miles, they seemed fine. 4,700 more miles this year. Lash seemed good, ran fine starting up in below zero temperature
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth