News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hoovies Garage on YT bought a Superbird

Started by Hemidog, December 13, 2021, 12:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

In the video he says he bought the Cheapest one he could find ( like all the cars he buys )

Said he bought it for $130 000 and it has a hemi in it but not the original hemi
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

moparstuart

that car has a very storied past and is most likely a rebody  , but it does have a rear hemi vin on it   .  1/2 his info is wrong  lol   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Todd Wilson

A friend of mine lives by this guy. He is a douche bag deluxe but has a lot of cool cars!

Todd

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Todd Wilson

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on December 14, 2021, 08:26:48 AM
Quote from: Todd Wilson on December 14, 2021, 08:11:36 AM
He is a douche bag deluxe

Todd

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:  Why do people have to be an assbag....

This guy is so stupid he cannot even run a weed eater.  His family has built a successful business over the years and he is riding on those coat tails. He has a lot of videos and has a lot of high end cars!

Todd

Aero426

Easy to see how poorly sorted out that car really is, after about a decade of being around.   The bobbing up and down effect is something else.  It's like a bunch of parts got thrown together and hope for the best.     Hopefully it's got more than 20 psi of oil pressure when driving.   

Hemidog

triple_green

I think that guy got taken...it also reinforces to me that you never buy a car without seeing and driving it in person, I did that once and never again...3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Hemidog

Why would anyone install 2 vacuum pumps just for the pop-up headlights? (and possibly heater controls)

Aero426

The guy will milk a lot of content and clicks out of the car.    Probably will turn out better for his purposes than had he just bought a good car to begin with.

birdsandbees

Exactly Doug, he's already made more money off of "clicks" than he paid for the car!
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

70 sublime

Fixes of the problems on the Superbird video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlCDhb-2kfM&ab_channel=CarWizard

Notice when they look in the trunk where they moved the battery they took out the wing support braces ?

WINGIN IT

Quote from: 70 sublime on December 22, 2021, 10:07:30 AM
Fixes of the problems on the Superbird video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlCDhb-2kfM&ab_channel=CarWizard

Notice when they look in the trunk where they moved the battery they took out the wing support braces ?

Hoovie ALSO notes that the trunk lip VIN is NOT present due to the T-bone accident.
I'd heavily scrutinize the rad support VIN , if it is still there...

aerolith

Cool thread indeed!

''PART RE-BODY'' or what others call a ''full re-body''... :nutkick:

Anyone can be a 'car-guy', you just 'buy' a CAR, (an expensive one) DOH... :rotz: :rotz: :rotz:

Then you take it to a non Mopar garage and they talk crap about what it needs... :brickwall:

All my Mopar Mates are talking about it, its brilliant for all the wrong reasons... :slap:

It brings out the worst in people 'cos he's got a hemi Bird and we ain't... :poke:

Its got an aftermarket cross-member front suspension that doesn't use torsion bars!
What that does to the 'UNIBODY' construction is any ones guess??? :hack: :smash: :nono:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

cudavic

The 'shock towers' are now the 'spring towers'...(real bad idea)... flush

This is not the case.

I have no dog in the fight here, but please do not state things that are incorrect.

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Aero426

Quote from: WINGIN IT on December 28, 2021, 09:26:17 PM

Hoovie ALSO notes that the trunk lip VIN is NOT present due to the T-bone accident.
I'd heavily scrutinize the rad support VIN , if it is still there...

I was watching the Car Wizard video a few days ago.  It appeared that the two holes in the top of the rad support for the black plastic strap that hold the vacuum lines are not present.    That would suggest that the rad support is not an original Superbird part.   

MoParJW

Quote from: cudavic on December 29, 2021, 05:34:07 PM

This is not the case.

I have no dog in the fight here, but please do not state things that are incorrect.

True, but weren't these cars designed with the torsion bar crossmember carrying part of the weight of the car?
Looks like other cars of the same era (fords for example) with front coilovers have beefier front frame rails where they meet the cowl area.

If I jack up my car under the front subframe, I notice a small change in how the doors close, because now part of the weight is not transferred through the torsion bars to the tb-crossmember.

I Don't know if this is actually a problem when using coilovers, just wondering, but with a car that has a super stiff suspension like in the video, seems to me that it could do some damage?
'68 Plymouth Satellite sedan 318

cudavic

Quote from: MoParJW on December 30, 2021, 07:00:11 AM
Quote from: cudavic on December 29, 2021, 05:34:07 PM

This is not the case.

True, but weren't these cars designed with the torsion bar crossmember carrying part of the weight of the car?
Looks like other cars of the same era (fords for example) with front coilovers have beefier front frame rails where they meet the cowl area.

If I jack up my car under the front subframe, I notice a small change in how the doors close, because now part of the weight is not transferred through the torsion bars to the tb-crossmember.

I Don't know if this is actually a problem when using coilovers, just wondering, but with a car that has a super stiff suspension like in the video, seems to me that it could do some damage?

The torsion bar crossmember doesn't really carry a weight load, it is a torsion load.
As far as the frame rails are concerned, I haven't a clue.

I do not believe the coil over shocks were in there long enough to do any damage.

wingcarenvy

I saw this car in 2010 at Barrett-Jackson. It's a rebody for sure.

JMF

Sorry to sound stupid but what exactly is a rebody ? I'm guessing it means taking a genuine superbird vin from a junker and putting it on a nice Satellite or Roadrunner ? Isn't that illegal ? Thanks

Aero426

Quote from: JMF on January 15, 2022, 11:15:20 AM
Sorry to sound stupid but what exactly is a rebody ? I'm guessing it means taking a genuine superbird vin from a junker and putting it on a nice Satellite or Roadrunner ? Isn't that illegal ? Thanks

It can mean different things.   It could be transferring tags and numbers from one body to another.   It could be extensive reconstruction using small portions of the original car.   

70 sublime