News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What Vehicle Did You Take Your Driver Exam In?

Started by RallyeMike, December 14, 2021, 11:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RallyeMike

75 Torino here - 351/c6

...mom and dad's newish car. I had a 69 Charger since 15, but mom and dad suggested a clean family car that wasnt half in primer might give the examiner a better disposition.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

71charger_fan

kent

This one... Drove for one year on my motorcycle tags before I got my "car license" Wrote off my 74 Charger before I even had my car one. Stupid dumb kid! :'( ::)
Then I picked up my Roadrunner shortly after when I was 17 and have had it ever since. Wish I would have smartened before I flipped the Charger.
Kent

timmycharger

Don't recall the exact year as it was the auto school's car but it was a 1980's Dodge Omni

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

birdsandbees

1969 Fury II shown here with my Sister, when she got her licence at 16 in 1976. Dad had just got the new '76 Fury Sport beside her...

You're gonna do parallel parking, you may as well show the examiner how in a boat !
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

DownZero

Mine was in my dads 1976 Cadillac sedan devile with the 500cid. It was a land yacht.

TruckDriver

My parents 1980 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 2 door w/bucket seats.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

HANDM

Slowpoke

my dads 1972 duster, with the leaning tower of power.  :cheers:
68 R/T LL1
under restoration for the last 25 years

Kern Dog

Quote from: timmycharger on December 14, 2021, 12:53:33 PM
Don't recall the exact year as it was the auto school's car but it was a 1980's Dodge Omni

I was ready to post when I read THIS!
Yes....I too took my test in a Dodge Omni.....My Dad brought it home from the used car lot for me to practice with....2.2 and an automatic. It was a decent car for testing purposes.

lloyd3

1972 Olds Vista Cruiser...

https://barnfinds.com/65k-original-miles-1972-oldsmobile-vista-cruiser/

Much like this one. Affectionately known as the "banana wagon" amongst my highschool buddies.

70 sublime

In 1980 I would have gotten my 365 learners permit so in 1981 I took my driver test

At the time we had an old 73 Ford truck that was the farm truck that I got to do my learning in
Dad did not think it was a good idea to use it for my test so I used the driver ed car just some middle size 4 door GM car

I do remember getting my first speeding ticket in the farm truck a week later before I even got my true license in the mail  :2thumbs:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

DAY CLONA

!967 Grand Prix, 400/4bbl/auto, Kelsey Hayes 8 lug wheels, white on white

67440chrg

1st time in a 1973 roadrunner. Dont think the lady liked me or the car I failed.
2nd time in my dads mid 70s 6 cyl truck 4 speed chevy truck and passed with flying colors.

Gold Rush

1954 Ford Custom 4 door...  Yup, real sports car....  ;D  Had the learners permit well before my16th birthday so soon as I was legal my folks had me at the state exam place on my birthday morning.  My older sister had no desire to drive so I instantly became the family chauffeur...   ::) ::)
24 years USAF, 25 years consumer electronics repair technician.  Now I ride a Honda Goldwing trike and wrench my latest project.  Children and Grandchildren are gown so I have to find other places to spend my time and money!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

triple_green

67 Dart GT on the right
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

twenty mike mike

A Charger, just like this one. 383 4 BBL.

Different car than the '66 I had later, though.

John_Kunkel

It just dawned on me, I took two driver exams; first one as a teen and later after I retired from my career I took my CDL test in a '85 Freightliner 800 COE.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Wingnut426

66 Charger. Silver, red interior. 440 auto. 3:23 sure grip.
HEMI Daytona Convertible

moparstuart

Quote from: Wingnut426 on December 17, 2021, 02:51:31 PM
66 Charger. Silver, red interior. 440 auto. 3:23 sure grip.
someone needs the change there picture   :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

funknut

1988 Ford Country Squire.  Black with fake wood grain.  :icon_smile_big:

ca 69charger

I took the test in my sister 1980 Plymouth Horizon TC3 (cousin to the Omni 024). Figured it be easier than my 64 dodge truck with manual steering/brakes 3 on the tree.

b5blue

Old Moparz

1973 Plymouth Valiant, 4 door, 6 cylinder, blue, rubber floor covering & an AM radio.

I had to fight off the wimmenz all the time.   :smilielol:

Just like this one in the pic.....
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

68RT440

I got my license in 1999. I took the test in my grandmother's purple 1998 Cavalier...lol
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

RallyeMike

Fist bump to my fellow battleship-piloting examinees.

The rest of you are either smart or cheaters  :icon_smile_cool:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

WMopar71

6PakBee

nvrbdn

My mothers 72 Chrysler Newyorker. 440 auto. A real gun ship!!!
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

mr. hemi

A 1967 Chrysler New Yorker. Turbine Bronze, black interior. 440 auto of course. This was in 1976, so lots of land battle wagons in those days.
You know you are vintage when someone says, "Back in the day", and you can dispute their facts.

NHCharger

November 1974 in a snow storm. 1972 Plymouth Suburban wagon, Petty Blue, 440, with studded snow tires  :2thumbs:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Tilar

69 Chrysler Newport Custom. 383 land yacht but that 383 carried it pretty well. Passed my drivers test and then on the way home some kid riding his bike on the sidewalk decided to cross the road just as I got to him, Luckily I was paying attention to him and hit the brakes on as soon as I saw him yelling at some kid on the other side of the road.

This aint the car but it's the twin brother.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Pinballjim

It was a snow day from school in 1981.  My parents were sure I wouldn't pass.  The car:  1977 Plymouth Volare' wagon.  318 automatic.  Green with a green interior.  AM radio,  I remember the old man got an original AM/FM radio for it about a year into it.     

HeavyFuel

67 Fury III wagon, white, 318.  Vast turquoise vinyl interior. 

I really liked that vehicle.

Musicman

426HemiChick

1955 Buick Special August 1956.

Traded that Salt Corroded Ohio rust bucket for a 59 Bonneville Convert in 1959. Sold it in 1961 to end car payments !!!!

Next new car a 1968 Hemi Road Runner; we still have it.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

dual fours

Thinking it had to be a pre '77 Oldsmobile Toronado. 455ci. front wheel drive. It was so cool doing burnouts, smoke rolling out from the front wheels.
A short story, under the cover of darkness.
A construction company was lowering a road going under a railroad bridge in the neighborhood and after the cement lanes were laid and hard, with the road still being CLOSED, orange cones dotted the center of the road, it was super fun Slalom driving as fast as I could though those cones. Those front wheels would pull that boat around those cones with no fishtailing at all. 
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

armor64

a 1978 GMC shortbed heavy Half, with the tailgate "left at home". The Lokar Floor shift automatic almost got me a fail, as they said I didn't do proper Clutch Brake movement... until they checked after parking again and there is no clutch pedal.... yay Common Sense.

RallyeMike

QuoteThinking it had to be a pre '77 Oldsmobile Toronado. 455ci. front wheel drive. It was so cool doing burnouts, smoke rolling out from the front wheels.
A short story, under the cover of darkness.
A construction company was lowering a road going under a railroad bridge in the neighborhood and after the cement lanes were laid and hard, with the road still being CLOSED, orange cones dotted the center of the road, it was super fun Slalom driving as fast as I could though those cones. Those front wheels would pull that boat around those cones with no fishtailing at all.

Now that is testing in style. One of the smoothest, most comfortable cars of all time. Like riding on a cloud.

I demo-raced one of those on a 1/4 mile asphalt track and it is 100% impossible to get the rear end to break out into a slide. On the other hand, this makes them terrible handling cars.... they just push out through any hard turn!
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

Homerr

'77 Scout II

It was our family vehicle back then in 80's.  It was rootbeer brown with while billboard sides, like this red one linked below, but the top was the same rootbeer color.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1977-international-harvester-scout-ii/

ramairthree

Ten year old Brown, bench seat, column shift, velour interior, vinyl topped 1974 Monte Carlo with the factory small block 400 and quadrajet.

yellocharge68

Baby Blue with White Vinyl topped 1982 Ford Crown Victoria 4 door, belonged to my parents.....   Had a Taillight out, had to get that fixed, returned to the driving test area an hour later, Largest Texas DPS Trooper I had ever seen.....   I passed, but, man, that was a stressful day... ::) ::) ::)
Sunfire Yellow 1968 Dodge Charger 383/727 auto-console