News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Most of you probably already know this, but Dodge Is Cancelling The Hemi V8

Started by TruckDriver, December 22, 2021, 06:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

I first saw this today.  :'(

Replacing the Hemi V8 will be the GME T6 or the Global Medium Engine Turbocharged 6. Will never replace the sound of a V8.

https://www.motorious.com/articles/features-3/dodge-cancelling-hemi-v8/

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

AKcharger

It had a good run, if you would have told me in 1988 Dodge would make 750HP chargers and challengers 30 years in the future I would have laughed

Mike DC

The g3 Hemi's production run will have been 21 years.  Quite a long time.  That's like the B/RB wedge's total lifespan.  

Heck, the LX Challenger is gonna be made from 2008 until probably 2023 without a significant body restyling.  Imagine if they had kept making 2nd-gen Chargers until 1983.            

JB400

Only confirmed dead hemi is the Hellcat. This from the head of Dodge himself.

Mopar Nut

I hope they do away with it. I'm buying a G3 for my 69 charger and I already bought and pay for a 2021 Daytona with a hemi.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Mike DC

Quotehttps://www.carscoops.com/2021/12/why-you-shouldnt-fall-for-the-rumors-about-dodge-replacing-hemi-v8-with-new-straight-six-in-2024/

The Hemi is gonna be replaced soon.  But with electrics.  

The whole LX car is overdue for a ground-up redo.  When that happens it's probably gonna be all electric.

The switch to EVs will change everybody's car lines.  

Look at what Detroit did in the early 1980s.  They didn't switch to FWD by trying to work with their existing RWD platforms.  They made new FWD platforms from the ground up.   They took the opportunity to make a bunch of other changes too.  They switched from perimeter frames to unibodies, steering gearboxes to rack & pinions, etc.  

That is gonna happen again now.  In the 2030s they will be selling a new fleet of EV platforms that don't share parts or architecture with previous stuff.    

Kern Dog

Yeah.....FRONT wheel drive....What a GREAT achievement that was!  :smilielol: