News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3-in-1?

Started by Captain D, December 29, 2021, 05:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain D

Recently had seen the Meguiar's 3-in-1 and it sounds as if it could be used as an option / alternative to the Mother's 1,2,3 steps done each season. Anyone use this & substitute out, by chance? If so, I'm assuming clay bar it first followed by the 3-in-One. Just curious to ask & pre-plan. Thanks...

https://www.meguiars.com/automotive/products/meguiars-3-1-wax-multiple-steps-one-easy-use-wax-g191016-16-oz

WHITE AND RED 69

Meguiars makes some damn fine products so I'm sure it'll work fine, especially for garage kept cars. But I'd only clay bar it if the paint needs it. If it is still smooth I'd just wash it and add the wax.

Rather than an all in one product though, I like to have a sealant as a base for protection then add carnuba on top for the shine. Takes more time but the result is worth it.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Captain D

Thanks for the input - I previously used the clay bar every spring, but good to know it's probably not needed every year / overkill. I've been seeing a lot of ceramic detailers out there that seem pretty good to top it off.

I just got the car repainted, so the clay is definitely not needed immediately. Thanks again for chiming in!