News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 Grill Alignment

Started by Dano 1, January 18, 2022, 08:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dano 1

I'm in the process of restoring the grill for my '69 and did a quick test fit in the car last night. I noticed the grill sits about 3/4"-1" behind the front edge of the hood/fenders which didn't seem quite right. When I bought the car the grill was assembled but not in the car so I have never seen everything together.
Any other '69 owners have some insight or pics of where the grill is supposed to sit relative to the hood/fenders? The grill support is bolted in the car and the grill center section was located with all of the bolt/clips finger tight, the pics are with it pulled all the way forward in the adjustment slots.

1969 Charger 383 2bbl, R4 red, White hat special project

Check out my website for 3D printed restoration parts and accessories.
www.nextgendesignsnc.com

BadA55charger

If I'm correct, it should be the same as a 68 Grille to body mounting.   My '68 seems to be the same as what you are describing.  I notice the grille curve from the ends is sharper and go deeper in than the fender curve.  I guess it is an intended design.    :shruggy:r