News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front wheel seal size

Started by AZMoparboy, January 22, 2022, 07:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZMoparboy

Hi, I'm working on my new 68 Charger project and have purchased a set of 1972 spindles and floating caliper brackets to replace the drum setup. I then ordered up a pair of 1973 and later rotors. I have the bearings size figured out but I can't for the life of me come up with the seal that fits the small bearing spindle and then also fits the later disk rotor. I know that someone has done this and could help with the make and part number, Please.

But then again, am I trying to do something that won't come together? I've been known to try things that just weren't meant to go together. If there is such a seal please advise.

Mopar or car,
Azmoparboy

58pwrwgn

I thought Dr diff or someone was making a sleeve that fit the spindle. This allowed the use of the larger 73 bearing and seal.

AZMoparboy

Thanks 58pwrwgn,  you were right, Doctor Diff had the seals and not to high of a price, $15.00 to the door for 2ea. Seals. There is a part number that is  stamped on it (17002A / 4950 / 17458). Now that I know the part number I thought I'd post this so that if anyone that would ever need this rotor to spindle combination, the information can be found here with a search for the seal and they can purchase them locally where they live

Thanks again,
Steve, azmoparboy