News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Restoration shops in DelMarVa/Eastern Pa area

Started by XH29N0G, February 16, 2022, 07:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XH29N0G

HI everyone,

I was asked by a colleague whether I could help him find a shop to restore, modify, the late 1960's chevelle wagon (It was a nice set up with original Ralley wheels and front disc brakes bought by his father).  He is thinking about upgrading the engine transmission, etc... in addition to restoration - from the pictures I saw it is in excellent condition and has been well looked after. 

I took my car to a shop in eastern PA that I was very happy with, but it also occurred to me that there may be people on here who would know of other shops he might reach out to.  (I also looked up the shop I took mine to and there were complaints that they would not take on new work - their response to the complaints was that they only took on new work when they had space to do so - and I can respect that.) 

So, if you have a shop you think would be good to recommend to a good friend, please let me know - either here, or by PM.

Thanks.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

71charger_fan

The guy who did my Charger said that if you can find a shop that can take in your car right away, you probably don't want that shop doing your car.

I had a hell of a time finding a trustworthy and talented place to do my Charger. Unfortunately, he finished my car, closed the business, and sold the building. Customers who didn't pay and employees who didn't want to work broke him.

DownZero

I have no personal knowledge about Fantom Works besides what I see on tv. Reason I bring them up is because they are located in Norfolk VA. Not to far from PA.

Hemidoug

71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

XH29N0G

Thank you everyone.  I will pass along this information and any that others care to add.

:2thumbs: :cheers:
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

BlueSS454

I specialize in Chevelles but currently have a 2+ year wait list.
Tom Rightler

Bob