News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Inline Tube Bendix brake booster install

Started by b5blue, February 24, 2022, 06:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

I bought the entire set with the master cylinder but did not bother to replace my master. This side stepped the confusion with the supplied master cylinder. No instructions are included and you tube and reviews are vague at best. Issues for the master are the piston hangs out the back of the body about 1/4 inch, there is a manual retainer/boot holder supplied with 2 bolts. There is no room for the bolt heads but I did use a countersink bit and 2 matching screws to get a workable solution.
Next would be the issue of weather there is a pressure retainer for the rear wheel cylinders installed? (IDK?)
 The booster requires widening the hole 1/8th inch on each side, the mounting holes were a very tight fit on my firewall, the dog bone assembly must be fully attached and fed through the widened hole from the engine bay during assembly. I had to make a booster to master push rod out of a (Metric) screw as the one on there was too short. (Perhaps it fits the master cylinder's piston hanging out?) The pedal sits low, I had to pad out the brake switch with a rubber plug and the kit has no shoulder bolt included so if you have aftermarket adjustable push rod for manual breaks you'll need to get one. (I ordered one from Mancini.) The booster works fine testing will continue, just be sure to set the push rod just shy of contacting the master cylinder's piston.  
https://www.inlinetube.com/products/bot30?currency=USD&variant=30329973178429&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&utm_campaign=gs-2018-11-22&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign&gclid=CjwKCAiA9tyQBhAIEiwA6tdCrFyCYh6woRJQbu7SC7MAvJIckDjrPGD17C0nCqcKmo0Dm37TD_M8nhoCUy4QAvD_BwE