News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Which Dynamat To Use?

Started by 70sixpkrt, August 28, 2021, 12:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70sixpkrt

I have my back seat out and wondering which Dynamat I should use for sound and heat barrier. I'm only doing the area under the back seat. I was looking at their website and they show a bunch of different ones. What are people using just under the back seat? How about Fatmat?

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

ht4spd307

They are all pretty much the same the only difference I've noticed which is really a larger factor some can weigh up to 2kg a sheet so for me that's what I'd look for just my option

Gold Rush

According to their website,  Dynapad for noise control and Dynaliner for heat.  Dynapad comes in 3/8 inch thickness while Dynapad comes in three thicknisses.  The say putting down a layer of Dynamat first doubles  the effect.

Here is their web site.  https://www.dynamat.com/products/dynaliner/?tab=automotive

I am restoring my '74 SE.  Used Dynamat everywhere then added pad or liner as appropriate.  I even added a layer of Dynaliner to the trunk/passenger compartment divider.
24 years USAF, 25 years consumer electronics repair technician.  Now I ride a Honda Goldwing trike and wrench my latest project.  Children and Grandchildren are gown so I have to find other places to spend my time and money!

b5blue

Don't be fooled. Any thickness of rubber/foil transfers heat very well. To reduce heat look for thermal blocking sheets. I tested my naked interior with just a dash and drivers seat for about a year. I mapped hot spots with a laser pointer temp. gun and blocked hot spots around the hump/firewall and center section.
  Testing showed about 15 degrees blocking for a single layer of what kinda looks like fiberglass mat about 1/8th inch thick. Not wanting to add 75LBs to my car I used foil backed adhesive rubber roofing tape about 6 inches wide here and there to deaden sound on floors and package tray. Carpet has worked for 80 years and it made the biggest impact, I ordered extra and carpeted my package tray.
  After adding Classic Auto Air's A/C system the car is a joy to use even in 99 degree FL. weather.  :2thumbs:

Kern Dog

Quote from: b5blue on March 27, 2022, 07:43:14 AMCarpet has worked for 80 years
Your carpet came from a 1942 year model car?

:smilielol: