News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

No Chargers listed for sale on this site for months

Started by triple_green, April 04, 2022, 02:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armor64

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on April 12, 2022, 10:38:25 PM
Up here on Chinada the major for sale app kijiji is full of want ads for 68-70 chargers.the couple that do pop up for sale are 80k+ for a restored car or 30-40k for a car needing tons of work.

Its been crazy for a while, way fewer workable cars up here, and lately people are jumping on any project they can get. My Basket case was 10k (cdn) 5 years ago, I shudder to think what iit would have costed now.
I got a call from a friend of a co-worker who told him about my car, somehow he got my cell number (coworker said he didn't give it) and wanted to buy it sight unseen...

70 sublime

Quote from: armor64 on April 18, 2022, 06:19:15 AM
Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on April 12, 2022, 10:38:25 PM
Up here on Chinada the major for sale app kijiji is full of want ads for 68-70 chargers.the couple that do pop up for sale are 80k+ for a restored car or 30-40k for a car needing tons of work.

Its been crazy for a while, way fewer workable cars up here, and lately people are jumping on any project they can get. My Basket case was 10k (cdn) 5 years ago, I shudder to think what iit would have costed now.
I got a call from a friend of a co-worker who told him about my car, somehow he got my cell number (coworker said he didn't give it) and wanted to buy it sight unseen...

Amost the same thing happened to me last week

A friend got a call from his buddy that I have never met asking about my car and if I would sell it but my friend told him no not for sale
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

dreamcatcher

I thought I paid too much for mine about 5 years ago. I bought it basically site unseen for 7200.00. When I picked it up it was far more rusted than I thought. I changed a full floor pan, full trunk floor, both outer wheel houses, tail light panel, rear valance,  trunk lid, both front fenders, and front valance. Some of it was fixable but once I started I just didn't want to repair any weak sheet metal. But 68-70's I see now that are in worse shape cost far more than that. And mine had a running 440 in it. Unreal what all collector cars in any condition will bring. I think everyone has realized there getting harder to find. I almost sold this one a while back. I am very glad I didn't do it. Not because there worth more but because it would be harder to find another one.
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: dreamcatcher on April 18, 2022, 06:34:31 PM
I thought I paid too much for mine about 5 years ago. I bought it basically site unseen for 7200.00. When I picked it up it was far more rusted than I thought. I changed a full floor pan, full trunk floor, both outer wheel houses, tail light panel, rear valance,  trunk lid, both front fenders, and front valance. Some of it was fixable but once I started I just didn't want to repair any weak sheet metal. But 68-70's I see now that are in worse shape cost far more than that. And mine had a running 440 in it. Unreal what all collector cars in any condition will bring. I think everyone has realized there getting harder to find. I almost sold this one a while back. I am very glad I didn't do it. Not because there worth more but because it would be harder to find another one.

Sounds pretty similar to my 70 RT except i also changed upper and lower cowl,door hinge pillars,inner fenders.I paid 5k in 2008ish however had a 383 on place.

Mopar Nut

Bought this one for $2,000 not too long ago. 440 not original, transmission and 8-3/4 rear end. Came with all the interior and grill and rear lights. No wiring.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

70 sublime

Right place right time or did you have to know somebody ??

I picked up my 70 Charger project in similar condition for about the same money less than 5 years ago but was more I was first one there with the cash kind of deal

dreamcatcher

Quote from: Mopar Nut on April 19, 2022, 04:35:14 AM
Bought this one for $2,000 not too long ago. 440 not original, transmission and 8-3/4 rear end. Came with all the interior and grill and rear lights. No wiring.
You scored! Anything with a title for that price is a good buy anymore!
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

Mopar Nut

Quote from: 70 sublime on April 19, 2022, 06:14:56 AM

I picked up my 70 Charger project in similar condition for about the same money less than 5 years ago but was more I was first one there with the cash kind of deal
That's what happened, he listed it on our local sale ads, and I had my phone set to alert, and I was the first one there. I did pay with PayPal believe it or not.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Mopar Nut

Quote from: dreamcatcher on April 19, 2022, 08:07:57 AM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on April 19, 2022, 04:35:14 AM
You scored! Anything with a title for that price is a good buy anymore!
Thanks. When I was bringing it home, there was a guy there wanting to buy the grill that was already taken off. He offered $800

Mopar Nut

Mike DC

70 sublime

Quote from: Mopar Nut on April 20, 2022, 04:34:30 AM
Quote from: 70 sublime on April 19, 2022, 06:14:56 AM

That's what happened, he listed it on our local sale ads, and I had my phone set to alert, and I was the first one there. I did pay with PayPal believe it or not.

:2thumbs: :2thumbs:

dreamcatcher

Quote from: Mopar Nut on April 20, 2022, 04:39:04 AM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 19, 2022, 09:16:48 AM
Great buy !! :cheers:
Thank you, it does need a lot of work.
That is the thing. Most of them need a lot of work. The one I bought looked great in the pictures. Then the truth came out when I got a closer look. To me when there like yours at least you know what your in for from the start. Where mine was an unpleasant surprise. I knew it would need work but it needed much more than I had thought. And after the work is done there well worth it. I figure I have about 22000.00 total in mine doing everything my self. And I know it is worth that or more now. Good luck , take your time and enjoy having a true classic that everyone wants!

375instroke

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on April 04, 2022, 05:49:35 PM
The lack of cars for sale coincides with the lack of site traffic and any interesting new posts. On any given day, it only takes a minute to scan through topics.  This place used to be a happening website, what happened to it?

All the hobbyists are dead, and the only ones left are the poachers who ended up with their cars, looking to make a buck, or the Barrett Jackson crowd who just let them sit.

375instroke

bull

Quote from: NHCharger on April 10, 2022, 07:17:23 PM
I think a majority of theses sites have taken a hit because of FB. Plenty of car groups on FB and uploading pics only take me a minute, don't need to resize. but whenever I need some tech advice I always rely on DC or Moparts.

Agreed. In fact I often post pictures there and then resave them to post here because it easily resizes them. But I would come here for Charger advice much sooner than FB. It's surprising the lack of basic Mopar knowledge you find on a FB Mopar page. FB encompasses all my interests though, not just Charger stuff so I find myself there a lot more than here.

bull

As for the Charger market, I also can tell that it has dried up. Even the one overpriced flipper guy in town here hasn't had anything for sale in years. He could at least be counted on to post ads that he's looking to buy but no more. The classified options are much different than they used to be too. I sold a dirt bike last summer on craigslist and not only did I not get any buyers contacting me I got charged and scammed. It was a complete joke.

b5blue

I sold my TW200 on FB in one day, twice what I bought it for. However I WAS going to send a pal a link to a free train track layout but the copied link was a friggin paragraph long of tracking info! I was stunned 27 years ago to get my car for 1500.00 but the first call Steve made was to some asshole who had offered 1200.00 for a year.

tfdub

Several weeks ago, my daughter advertised an old aluminum boat and motor for sale on FB. They included several photos of the boat which also showed my 74 Charger in the background. She got a couple of calls on the boat but alot of calls with people asking if she wanted to get rid of the old Dodge Charger in the background. She wished she had several to sell. You can see the boat in the background of the Charger photo I took a while back
:yesnod:
Terry W.

dreamcatcher

That car looks pretty solid and original. What engine did it have? I have a couple 73's I like everything about them but the huge bumpers lol.

tfdub

Originally a 318, now 360 auto. Only one small spot of rust behind the passenger rear wheel. Just a pinhole in one spot due to a flat washer that had fallen down in the trunk floor extension drop off. Cleaned out now.
Terry W.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: bull on April 22, 2022, 10:59:48 AM
It's surprising the lack of basic Mopar knowledge you find on a FB Mopar page. FB encompasses all my interests though, not just Charger stuff so I find myself there a lot more than here.

I've got several hobbies that keep me waist deep in technical issues and if you'd like a bunch of disinformation about any one of them, then FB is your goto. It's not designed to have knowledge though, just simply designed to keep you online clicking away.  I personally, don't have a FB account, never did, never will.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

aerolith

AMD and the other metal benders 'missed a trick'.

They thought that everyone wanted Challengers?

Err NO!

Ever since 'Dukes of Hazards', everyone has wanted a 69 Charger... :2thumbs: :drool5: :popcrn:

Yeah some folks liked a 'white 70 Chally', but a bit too niche...?

Turn the clock back to the late 80's and 90's and that's when we needed 'FULL BODIES' for resto and customs!

EVERY CHARGER COULD HAVE BEEN SAVED AND A FEW 'NON ORIGINALS TOO.

( any late 60's title could have been carefully manipulated lol)... :slap: :slap: :slap:

There are 4 BILLION adults on the planet between the age of 20 to 60 years.
Some of them wanted a Charger too... :'( :'( :'(

Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

Probably 300 plus killed by the Dukes crowd?

They are still getting wrecked even today...

Me and my metalwork mate in LA can save anything lol... :horse: :hack: :smash: :buff:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623