News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Year one seat covers (PUI or Legendary??)

Started by 68chargeruk, July 01, 2022, 05:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68chargeruk

HI all

Tried search but it said no results?

From the sale on Year One are the seat covers and interior door panels Legendary or PUI, it doesn't specify

Many thanks

Glenn

JimShine

You are going to get a mix of opinions. I have had both. Here are my feelings about them, but this based of covers bought and installed over a decade ago. I can't say for certain what things are like today.

Legendary covers are heavier. There is a thicker layer of vinyl on top of the cloth. They are very stout.

PUI's have a thinner layer of vinyl, which makes them feel softer. I have had concerns something in my pocket might poke a hole in my seat covers, but here we are 17 years later, and they look as good as the day I put them in.

Spending extended times in the seat, I prefer the feel of the PUI's. I get a little more uncomfortable in the stiff seat and sweat a little more in the Legendary covers.

However, I can't help but associate the heavier material used in the Legendary covers as being a heavier duty, higher quality part.

Also should note, I chose no seat buttons on any of them. Not sure if it has been fixed, but they all had issues with the caps staying on. Not sure if my PUI's would still be holding up if that had holes poked through them.

Also factor in if you are using new foams or old foams. The original seat covers were even stiffer than the Legendary covers. You will often find evidence the seat cover forced the foam into shape. Legendary does to a degree. PUI's not at all. The cover will stretch to whatever the shape the foam is. If it is a stock foam that had a huge wrinkle forced into it by the factory cover, it will show up as a slight distortion with the PUI.

Bottom line: PUI, soft stretchy, a little more comfort, but not as durable as the Legendary.