News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wheel alignment specs wanted

Started by C500, April 10, 2022, 02:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

Hi all,

What are the suggested specs for a while alignment? My setup is pretty standard, ordinal UCA's, 440 torsion bars. This is for 69 440 car, thanks.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Kern Dog

The factory specs were not for radial tires, which most people have nowadays. They also often had different specs for manual steering than for power.
If you want improved handling with radial tires, tell the tech you want as much POSitive caster that he can get, 1/2 degree NEGative camber and 1/16" toe IN.

b5blue

I've been told (Here.) FOX body Mustang numbers are a good target.

c00nhunterjoe

Negative .5 camber, .05 toe in, max positve castor obtainable without diminishing the other 2 numbers. For what its worth, if the shop you go to needs to ask you those questions or tells you "the machine doesnt go that far", go somewhere else.

XH29N0G

FYI Here is another thread with some of the same answers.  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=138128.0  I went with a computer aligment and told them to get as close to a 2500 mustang as possible.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Kern Dog

Quote from: XH29N0G on April 11, 2022, 05:23:16 PM
FYI Here is another thread with some of the same answers.  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=138128.0  I went with a computer aligment and told them to get as close to a 2500 mustang as possible.
The current year in 2022. There may not be a Mustang in 2500.

C500

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

XH29N0G

Quote from: Kern Dog on April 11, 2022, 10:36:42 PM
Quote from: XH29N0G on April 11, 2022, 05:23:16 PM
The current year in 2022. There may not be a Mustang in 2500.

:smilielol: 

Thanks - you made my day   :cheers:
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....