News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Car Show/Cruise night inventory

Started by Pinballjim, April 10, 2022, 07:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinballjim

I just got back from two local cruise nights.   It's been raining here for the past few days and although it's dry today, the roads are a little spotty.   I didn't expect perfect cars but WOW.   I left my old cars at home and brought my daily driver.  It's a very clean 1999 Tahoe.   It's sad when my TAHOE is the oldest car in the lot and it wasn't even part of the show!!!   It was all new muscle and metric cars at both cruse nights.  There were a FEW old cars - but only a FEW.   Acuras, BMW's, Honda's, Toyotas were everywhere.  There was about a 78 Mark V Lincoln, a 66 Mustang, a 71 Corvette and about a 35 Chevy street rod.  Everything else was imported.   There was a Miata with no left front fender.   Not a dented fender, or a rusted fender, it was GONE.  Not there.   MISSING!!!   Sigh.    I like cars.   ALL kinds of cars but this was not a car show.   It looked like the parking lot at the local mall.    It was a little sad.   Both shows were a much younger crown than I'm used to.  I suppose it's the next generation taking over.  I get it.  I'm getting old (not really at 56) but for Christ Sakes, would it kill a fella to at least pull his pants up?   I don't mean any harm or offense to anyone, I'm just spouting off.    Thanks for listening!!         

69F8C500

I totally understand where you are coming from, I'm not one to look at modern cars at shows. The local monthly cruise in my area actually has a rule that only cars from 1979 and older are allowed in. This ensures all the cars there will be classics.

LaOtto70Charger

I'll take any cool looking cars at a cruise in.  Especially as we keep our 40+ plus year vehicles at home.  79 seems to late as a date these days. I bought my 70 Charger in 93. Can't imagine not being able to take it to a car show back than when it is a mere 23 year old car. 

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: 69F8C500 on April 11, 2022, 02:10:51 AM
I totally understand where you are coming from, I'm not one to look at modern cars at shows. The local monthly cruise in my area actually has a rule that only cars from 1979 and older are allowed in. This ensures all the cars there will be classics.

Most cruises around me were doing the 25 year and older , but still I don't care to see anything in the 90's on up . Late 80's down works for me , I'm starting to get respect for stock / clean / survivor / low mile Irocs / T/A's / Mustang GT's and LX's / Monte SS / and those black V6 Buicks !