News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's this part ???

Started by RTSE440, April 20, 2022, 05:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTSE440

Hello all don't know if there is a section or a topic for this but when i purchased my car it came in boxes so yeah i didn't pull it apart so now I'm going through the pain staking task of working out what's what so far I've done quite well but some bits i have no idea what's what so i thought I'd start my own little thread what's this part so I'll be putting stuff up as i go on the same thread instead of starting a new topic every time so if your all don't mind can you check in from time to time to see if i need any help identifying bit's and pieces thanks guys any help will be appreciated  

RTSE440

what's this part

70 sublime

Hard to tell how big it is

Are your crank window stuff apart in the car ?  Looks like a stopper when the glass gets to the bottom
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

RTSE440

i was thinking the same thing window related  The cars got power windows & this piece stands around 5inches tall

kent

Quote from: 70 sublime on April 20, 2022, 05:54:44 AM
Hard to tell how big it is

Are your crank window stuff apart in the car ?  Looks like a stopper when the glass gets to the bottom

That's exactly what it is. Window bump stop.  It bolts to the inside of the door.
Kent

69 OUR/TEA

Yes,that's the bottom stop on power window cars , crank windows do not have this .

RTSE440

Thanks guys for the reply's much appreciated 1 down 3million to go :smilielol: stay tuned for some more of what's this part

VegasCharger

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on April 20, 2022, 04:53:31 PM
Yes,that's the bottom stop on power window cars , crank windows do not have this .
For the doors correct? And not the rear quarter glass? I have a 1968 with power windows. I've been into the rears to fix them and don't have this type of bottom stop. Haven't been into the doors yet.

69 OUR/TEA

RTSE440

Just wondering do any vendors make the replacement bump stop rubber by chance

RTSE440

what's this part guys it's chrome thank you

RTSE440

RTSE440

last one for today thanks guys

kent

For the doors also. Going to find a picture for you. The little gold colored "J" clamps. Back in a bit once I find a pic.
Kent

kent

They go on the inside of the door to hold the inside door release rod. Here are a couple of pictures where it's mounted one on the outside for reference the other showing it actually attached. The star screw holds it to the door in that recessed area. Can you see how it goes?? That little nipple/ tit goes in that hold to keep the correct orientation. So really you can't put it on incorrectly. I say loosely.  :lol:
Sorry for the large pics. I'll try harder next time :2thumbs:

Kent

RTSE440

Thanks Kent much appreciated  one down 2 to go

Wingnut426

Part in Reply#11 is a starter shield. WINGNUT
HEMI Daytona Convertible

kent

Quote from: Wingnut426 on April 29, 2022, 07:15:28 AM
Part in Reply#11 is a starter shield. WINGNUT

Why yes that is Wingnut. I should have seen that. Was not sure of the size. It's the only excuse I have. lol   Now If "I" could get a better look at that first one  and maybe something for size comparison. I tried zooming it in but gets distorted. Yes I'm getting old. That being said I still may not know. :shruggy:
Kent

RTSE440

Thanks guys 2 down one to go unfortunately i tried putting a bigger picture up but it won't load say's it's to large I'll try again. It's some type of finishing end cap as it's chrome plated  it's about an inch in size if that