News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wing Car Interest and What We can do to help

Started by taxspeaker, April 23, 2022, 06:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taxspeaker

As a business owner one of the things I recognize is that audiences must be engaged to be interested. In 2022 engagement means social media. As is pretty evident I love wing cars and believe we fans and owners must engage in social media as well as in personal interaction to improve the general public's knowledge of wing cars. This year I asked my company's marketing director to "engage" on social media for wing cars, and she started a YouTube channel for JenningsWingCars, a Facebook user's group and I don't know what else. Not being a social media person I talk about what they ask me to talk about and they record it. Whether you like or dislike the discussions, love criticizing me on my mistakes or enjoy or don't enjoy the videos isn't important, what is important is the interest the social media engagement generates for these cars. I try to be a good ambassador for these cars and frankly looking at the age of many owners, we need some social media presence NOW! I hope all of us try to become ambassadors whether on social media outside of car user groups or in person. The cars are a lot more fun when people know what they are, how rare they are, and most importantly, how important they are to American history.

I also believe that this means drive the cars, go to car shows and while there, don't sit on your butt like the other guys, but get up, talk with folks, let them sit in the car, get pictures, allow them to take pictures and blow the horn and even occasionally sit on the wing or start the car. In particular if they are under 21. I have people come up to me at every show and talk about the time I let them do that at a different show, and they become wing car fans for life. Today I had the pleasure of meeting a young couple who adore wing cars and like 40-50 other people at this show I let them take a bunch of pictures, honk the horn, etc. But the best part was when their little boy got visibly excited about the car. Look closely at his picture ( I have their permission to post it) and note the look on his face-it is incredible. And then join me in reaching out as an ambassador for wing cars please.

In the next few months we will continue to record and post and I am sure once again I will make mistakes-it happens, but post comments or suggestions, be polite, and let me know of other ideas-we probably have 20 or 30 video ideas, and I am considering some special Alaska trip recording, but I would love other ideas. And, thanks everyone.

Bob J

XH29N0G

I am very impressed by the idea and the follow through.  This is a wonderful thing you are doing..     Thanks

:2thumbs:
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

odcics2

Bob,
You are welcome to sit in DC-93 at Indy next month.
Your face will look like that young mans...    :cheers:
Greg
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Pinballjim

Bob,

My wife and I spoke with you at Carlisle last year.   We had a pleasant conversation about wing cars and I briefly told you that I WILL get a wing car.   To date, I haven't been able to find a suitable example.  I think it might be because you have them all!!!   I want to be an ambassador for the marque but that's hard to do without a car.  If you sell me one of yours, I'll promote it EVERYWHERE!!     That picture is a CLASSIC!!!   I'm sure that kid (and his parents) will never forget your hospitality!!   Good for you!!   

Q5XX29

Totally agree, Bob- good job! Consider also adding an Instagram account. I started one a few years back ( username dakota_gt ) to beef up my social media presence for my Ford GT application, but I also frequently post about my Daytona and other Mopars and other cars, and it wasn't long before I had over 10,000 followers! Not that I care much about that, but it speaks to the popularity of the platform, and it is another fun way to engage with other enthusiasts from all walks of life, from all over the globe.
dakota_gt on Instagram

6PakBee

Maybe social media is the current mechanism for bonding.  But I am old and tremendously private.  I am not on any social media platform and don't plan on joining one.  The rest of your comments..... :2thumbs:

Wingnut426

Quote from: 6PakBee on April 24, 2022, 07:49:19 AM
Maybe social media is the current mechanism for bonding.  But I am old and tremendously private.  I am not on any social media platform and don't plan on joining one.  The rest of your comments..... :2thumbs:

I agree 100%. Steer people to this website or other Wingcar sites.  Don't make it exclusive to Facebook people only. WINGNUT
HEMI Daytona Convertible

RallyeMike

The youngest adult generation in my family have FB accounts, but they hardly ever access them. They tell me FB is for "old people". I think you'll have to come up with a wing car dance routine and get a tiktok account .... maybe that's even outdated?  :shruggy:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

XH29N0G

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

69_500

The social media presence definitely is needed going forward for these cars. I have a group on Facebook just for charger 500 owners, current owners. It was an easy way to get 50+ current owners of those cars to be able to communicate with each other.

And if you ever need some goof ball to come down and just chat wing cars, I will make the drive any time you want Bob. Now that its getting nicer, I would more than likely do it in the 500.

taxspeaker

Quote from: odcics2 on April 23, 2022, 07:47:04 PM
Bob,
Greg

Counting on it Greg, thanks. 20 days from now
Bob

taxspeaker

Quote from: 69_500 on April 29, 2022, 05:06:07 PM
The social media presence definitely is needed going forward for these cars. I have a group on Facebook just for charger 500 owners, current owners. It was an easy way to get 50+ current owners of those cars to be able to communicate with each other.

And if you ever need some goof ball to come down and just chat wing cars, I will make the drive any time you want Bob. Now that its getting nicer, I would more than likely do it in the 500.

Dan Anytime-you tell us when you can come and we will make it work. Feel free to bring our friend Ernie if he wants to come too. But no more than 200 pictures of the Charger sail panel emblem allowed!
Bob

LaOtto70Charger

Great look on that kids face!  Letting the young ones sit in the cars is huge.  They get something for spending hours plus walking around with their folks. My kids got to sit in lots of vehicles over the years going to CA shows in Auburn IN. Some like a Doc Hudson that was there just for kids to sit in, but even one gentleman's kit car parked way in the back lot. He was grinning even bigger than them. They all now notice old iron out on the road.

hemi68charger

Totally agree with social media (Operation this and that, those that follow me on Facebook know that work ad nauseum...) and driving those beasts !!!

a couple of things...

1. With driving, comes maintenance. Dang it, Alt goes out on the Bird and voltage regulator on the Daytona (all easy fixes)

2. The general public love seeing the cars.

Coming home from a local show. Thanks for Pauleau for driving the Daytona so I could take it to the show..

https://youtu.be/ktexpFINJR8

Heading back from another one 2 weeks ago....

https://youtube.com/shorts/TGSqTGyk1oA?feature=share

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

TheAutoArchaeologist

Indeed, Social Media is just a tool to be used.  It is what you make of it.

I am on... all of the big ones.... and it usually goes fairly well.  The key to growth is consistency. 

I post to Instagram every day, around the same time.  And if you have a IG business account, you can link it to your Facebook Business page and Twitter.  Then when you post to one, it automatically gets posted to the others. 

Also I post every Monday to YouTube... I should post more but I don't have the content to support that.

https://www.facebook.com/TheAutoArchaeologist/
http://www.youtube.com/AutoArchaeology
https://twitter.com/AutoArchaeology
https://www.instagram.com/theautoarchaeologist/
https://www.tiktok.com/@theautoarchaeologist
http://www.barnfinds.org
TheAutoArchaeologist@Yahoo.com

odcics2

Quote from: taxspeaker on May 01, 2022, 10:24:48 AM
Quote from: odcics2 on April 23, 2022, 07:47:04 PM
Bob,
Greg

Counting on it Greg, thanks. 20 days from now
Bob

:cheers:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?