News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally letting go of some original parts.

Started by HeavyFuel, May 04, 2022, 04:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavyFuel

Been holding on to all of the  original parts to my car...ones that were replaced during its restoration.

The original windshield, fuel tank, exhaust with h--pipe, and some steel wheels will go out to the curb tonight.

The original HD leaf springs get to stay...for now.

I have a hard time letting go of stuff.  Ugh.

Kern Dog

Why would you post about throwing out stuff when there might be some enthusiast that could use it? What do you hope to achieve?

JB400

dreamcatcher

Funny topic. I used to do the same thing. Throw away old parts that are in my way (not passing judgement here). And 90% of the time a while later I spend money to re-buy the same part. But I don't throw them away any more. There are guys out there that are on a budget less than mine and I offer these parts for free. Maybe there is someone local that would use them. I have offered a lot of parts and almost always someone can use them.
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

CDN72SE

In my younger years I threw out my whole A/C system because it didn't "work".  :brickwall:

I've thrown out mostly broken items that have been lying around.

Do have some stuff I will probably give away when my resto is complete.
1972 Charger SE

birdsandbees

Carting these around since I was 14/15.. 45 years now. The kids can put'm to the curb if they like in about 20 years!

I remember now why I stopped posting pics here.. ffs..
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

dreamcatcher

Lol looks like my storage building ...except more organized  :yesnod: I have all the ralley parts to put on my 72 charger. I have carried around for 15 years and yet never started building the car. I always seem to move something in front of it. Now if I get my 69 GTO judge done I promised myself it would be next! And yes the kids will hate me when they have to deal with all this.
Don
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

HANDM

^^^^

Which us why you get rid of your shit BEFORE you die just so you don't saddle your kids with a bunch of stuff they know nothing about and will wind up throwing away anyway.....

68RT440

We've thrown away two things from our '68 Charger and I kick myself for both of them, the original HD rear leaf springs and the original fuel sender. The sender was fine but at the time I didn't know that the repro ones were junk and I figured that I didn't need the old one because I would just buy a new one since I had the car torn down for restoration. The original leaf springs were slightly sagging so we bought a new set of higher height springs from JC Whitney and in the trash the old ones went...still makes me mad and that was about 17 years ago...
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

70 sublime

As soon as you chuck something out it never fails that you needed the bolt or clip or where to drill that hole that was still on the part
I try to keep everything
Let the kids have a yard sale when I am gone and the rest can go by the pound for scrap
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Kern Dog on May 04, 2022, 11:03:39 PM
Why would you post about throwing out stuff when there might be some enthusiast that could use it?

:iagree:  One man's trash is another man's treasure.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

dreamcatcher

Quote from: HANDM on May 05, 2022, 10:15:07 AM
^^^^

Which us why you get rid of your shit BEFORE you die just so you don't saddle your kids with a bunch of stuff they know nothing about and will wind up throwing away anyway.....
But you never know (most of us) when that will happen. I have it in my will to just call an auction company. And split everything cars, tools, shop , house and parts. I am collecting like a mad man on things from my era. Juke boxes , pinball machines, and all auto related stuff. It is what I enjoy and I wont quit till I am gone. They will all prophet from it. I will never think otherwise. But that is just me. My kids want a lot of it so I said it must all sell so there is no fight.

472 R/T SE

Too many rear leafs.  Years back it was like mandatory we had to replace them, lol.
I got hurt and had someone install new ones and he never paid me for the old ones.  He said he could sell them and he did but never monied me up, smh.  Chris Dutson of Vancouver, Wa.  His brother is Danny, who I cruised with.

Hes a piece of shit.  Ive had so many people rob me since I got paralyzed.  The shit never would have happened if I was able bodied cause Idda knocked them on their ASS!!!

I tossed lots of AC shit and intakes, smh. Sold an original 68 air cleaner tho for peanuts cause i didn't wanna trash it.

I kept everything off Chargers I bought, original exhaust, etc., and had to leave it behind in the divorce.  She had it all hauled away the next weekend.  Luckily I hauled the extra cruise control, PW switches, etc. everything for my current car when moving.