News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

OK Experts..which switch unit is correct?

Started by AKcharger, May 04, 2022, 09:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

So we have two AC switch assemblies, one on left out of my car and I'm about 85% sure it's never been out, and one on rt. I just got to play with. The rt. one has a carboard cover over the lights, mine didn't which is correct?? unknown what year the rt. on is, mine is an April Build

Just 6T9 CHGR

My '69 had a cover on it as well but not brown cardboard.  It was thin black material much like the glove box insert....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

70 sublime

I looked at my 70 dash that is out of the car at the moment
I was thinking no cardboard in mine but if you look you can see what is left of the cardboard under the long orange wire
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

AKcharger

Quote from: 70 sublime on May 06, 2022, 09:48:04 PM
I looked at my 70 dash that is out of the car at the moment
I was thinking no cardboard in mine but if you look you can see what is left of the cardboard under the long orange wire

OK I guess that settles it. I guess at one time it was removed and the cardboard torn away

PlainfieldCharger

If interested, they sell these too...https://www.ebay.com/itm/403000527362?hash=item5dd4b40a02:g:XyYAAOSw075g83Y4

I had an old one to use as a template....used some chip board from a note pad.

AKcharger

Thanks! wish I would have seen that before!

472 R/T SE

Imagine that!

We were making biodegradable shit years ago, lol.

When I did AllBlueRTs interior, I don't remember that?

472 R/T SE

I just watched a "Car Wizard" video of him working on an SL600 Mercedes.  They used bio wires and all the wires are now bare, exposed, cause the coating flakes off.
They don't sell new ones so a person is f'ed unless they wanna pay $9k to have one built, lol.  We thought our prices were high, lol.