News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Silver Sport TKX 5-Speed

Started by 69Chrgr, May 06, 2022, 08:52:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69Chrgr

So I have seen most but not all happy with their Tremecs. I went ahead and just ordered the Silver Sport TKX Auto to Manual conversion. I was about to go with the TKO 6 speed but that involved a lot more cutting. When I saw the TKX that required minimal cutting I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Jeff Kaufman at Silver Sport was very helpful. Crossing my fingers on the installation.

Derwud

Jeff and the Crew at SST are Amazing..
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

Rolling_Thunder

A lot of the complaints of the older TKO series transmission was notchy feeling and difficulty shifting at higher rpms...    as time as gone on the manufacturers have redesigned some internal parts to help with these issues - even the old T-56 6-speed is very different than the TR-6060 --- same original design but with upgraded internals for better/smoother shifting ---    I'm thinking you'll be very happy with the 5-speed
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip