News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68-70 Charger tailpanel paint color

Started by Working9, June 17, 2022, 10:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Working9

Question: Did all 68-69 Charger RTs tail panels come flat black, or was that also available on non RTs? I know 70s had that panel that went over the lights on RTs and 500s. I had a 318 70 and it was painted body color.  Thanks

Mike DC

All '68 and '69 Charger taillight panels came in flat black.  RT, SE, and base models.  1970 was the only year (of the 2nd-gens) with body-colored taillight panels.  

In 1970 Chrysler took some steps to offer lower-priced Chargers compared to earlier.  The 69-earlier cars came standard with at least a 318 motor, dual exhaust, front bucket seats, center console & floor shifter, sway bar, etc.  (The factory built a few slant-6 cars in those years because of special-order buyers.)  Stuff like front bench seats & slant-6 motors & single exhausts became more common on Chargers in 1970. 

The black paint (all years) was the "organisol" stuff.  It's basically pebble-textured flat black with some metallic in it.  

Working9