News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird on Bring a Trailer. 440 six pac auto

Started by Tuco, May 12, 2022, 07:44:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

I like how it says being sold by a dealer that bought it in 2022
And someone else fixed it up before he bought it so not my fault :)

This 1970 Plymouth Superbird is finished in green with a black vinyl top over a black interior and is powered by a numbers-matching 440ci V8 paired with a replacement Torqueflite three-speed automatic transmission. Features include a nose cone, rear wing, satin-black graphics, power steering, a trio of two-barrel carburetors, power-assisted brakes with front discs, 15″ Rallye wheels, and a push-button AM radio. The car is said to have been refurbished during previous ownership and was acquired by the selling dealer in 2022. This Superbird is offered with a clean Florida title.
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

dreamcatcher

Not a bad looking bird. And that seems like close to the price they have been selling for to me.  :Twocents:
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

Tuco

The last one they had sold for $211k on 3/15/22. Tor red, 440 six pac auto. We shall see.

I believe there will be a Y2 Daytona on BAT in the next few weeks :popcrn:

Aero426

A nice looking car.  Interesting how they chose to restore the underbody.   They took a lot of effort to mask everything off and be incorrect.    I guess with a spray gun of FJ5, it would not be too hard to fix.   

Tuco

Makes it look nice but I wonder if it will hurt the value?  I guess it depends on the buyer. Restored to factory or "overrestored ".   Doing either is extremely time consuming and expensive.

Tuco

Pinballjim

Thanks.  I hope I do too but I know better!!  

426HemiChick

Quote from: Pinballjim on May 13, 2022, 11:12:23 AM

Hi Jim,               13 May 2022

Self Doubt will get you nowhere. Think positive.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

Mopar Nut

Hoping you get it. Fingers crossed!
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Pinballjim

Quote from: 426HemiChick on May 14, 2022, 12:01:19 AM

Hi Jim,               13 May 2022

Self Doubt will get you nowhere. Think positive.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

You're right.   I'm POSITIVE I will be out bid.   To be truthful, it's more car than I can justify buying.  It's a cool car for sure!!   

XH29N0G

Thanks for posting this.

Good luck

I also love the comments on the BAT site.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Birdflu

Quote from: XH29N0G on May 14, 2022, 06:44:44 AM
I also love the comments on the BAT site.

I normally do as well, but this comment "And this may be another reason American muscle doesn't do well here.", no longer holds true on BAT. I've seen plenty of Mopar muscle sell at or above current market on this site lately.

Anyway, good luck on your bidding pinballjim!

Tuco

Sold for $238,000.

Makes one wonder where they're gonna stop?

hemi68charger

Quote from: Tuco on May 22, 2022, 12:08:56 PM
Sold for $238,000.

With an older population retiring now that have always wanted one, probably not for a while........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Birdflu

Quote from: hemi68charger on May 23, 2022, 08:13:22 AM
Quote from: Tuco on May 22, 2022, 12:08:56 PM
Sold for $238,000.

With an older population retiring now that have always wanted one, probably not for a while........

Also add the fact that the interest level from the rest of the globe has never been greater...