News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Transporting car question

Started by C500, May 12, 2022, 09:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

Hey guys,

Has anyone had a car transported across USA? Keen to hear recommendations who to use, Atlantic City to California, enclosed truck.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

doctor4766

There's a guy on here who does exactly what you're talking about.
I'll see if I can find a link......

Here ya go.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,81160.0.html
Gotta love a '69

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                  12 May 2022

Our friend Scott Lee has a hard side 53 Foot, 8 ft wide, 13.5 foot vertical interior, fully enclosed trailer with space for six cars, a 600 hp Cat powered Freightliner Tractor. He hauled our four cars from Fort Worth to Phoenix in May of last year then hauled 18+ Tons of our stuff, mostly auto parts, and accumulated tools and equipment to Phoenix last December.

Scott Transports cars throughout the 48 states. He is an independent transporter.

His phone number is:   715-781-1765

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

Edited 22 May 22 by Christine
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

C500

thanks Christine... do you have an email address for him?
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

C500

Quote from: doctor4766 on May 12, 2022, 10:24:08 PM
There's a guy on here who does exactly what you're talking about.
I'll see if I can find a link......

Here ya go.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,81160.0.html

thanks, tried him, he is around 4-6 weeks away, I need something in around a week

472 R/T SE

Reliable has a 5-6 month wait.

I went with someone a buddy recommended.  Buddy does BJ every year and uses him.  Hes a broker but only offers hauls to his trusted sources.
I was reluctant but they were the best outfit Id used so far.  Ive went with Passport, Reliable, Fed Ex for years but the service I got was top notch!
Glad I can recommend him.  I forget the name of his business, only his number.  Muhammad 307-220-5220
Tell him Mike Groff & Tom Benson recommended you.

426HemiChick

Quote from: C500 on May 13, 2022, 05:21:51 PM
thanks Christine... do you have an email address for him?

Hi C500,                  13 May 2022

Scott Lee's new email address:  lhockeynut@yahoo.com

If you have any problems PM us.

Take Care

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

EDITED:  22 May 22 by Christine
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

ramairthree

I have never had one for a 3000 mile trip like that.
I had one transported that way about 900 miles.

Pretty timely, very professional.

There are a handful of sites to plug in and get an estimate.

426HemiChick

Quote from: ramairthree on June 01, 2022, 03:16:13 PM
I have never had one for a 3000 mile trip like that.
I had one transported that way about 900 miles.

Pretty timely, very professional.

There are a handful of sites to plug in and get an estimate.
Hi ramairthree,             01 June 2022

The car has been transported.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,               10 June 2022

The best information we have on Duncan's car is that it did arrive in California at its desired arrival point. Scott and Matt did a fine job of seeing that it made the cross country trip in a timely and safe manner. We do not know if it has departed for Auckland New Zealand; that was out of our purview.

Now the next info is that Scott Lee has decided to relocate here to Phoenix and will operate his "Lee Brothers Transport" from here. We are happy he has chosen to operate his Transport service from Dena's truck Facility.

His relocation will give me added incentive to acquire a CDL. Have always had a fascination with Hot Cars and Big Rigs / Trucks.

Take care Folks.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                  12 June 2022

Duncan's car is in California, safely stored inside waiting for the ship. Should be on the way to its new home soon. Duncan said it'll take about 4 weeks to get to New Zealand.

That's a long boat ride. Reminds me of my time in the Navy and when I worked for the Navy as a contract engineer, 28 days out, 7 days inport. Did that for 6 1/2 years.

Did enjoy being at sea. Hard to explain, it was like living in a very small town or better, a small island. We had almost everything one could need: Restaurant, Store, Laundromat, Beach, Movie Theater, Library, Gym, Hospital if needed,  Numerous Bars (not official but there) and really nice living quarters (best in the Navy). It was great duty. At times I do miss it, though too old to do it now. Lots of fond memories and lasting friendships. The 22nd of this month it'll be 50 years since I was last there.

Talk about a Hijack.

Best Always

Christine for the 426 Hemi Chicks

C500

Hey all... car arrived safe and sound in California from Atlantic City. Matt is an absolute professional in organising this move. Any moves needed, contact Scott at "Lee Brothers Transport" or Matt at "Michel Enterprises"

426HemiChick

Quote from: C500 on June 12, 2022, 10:04:09 PM
Hey all... car arrived safe and sound in California from Atlantic City. Matt is an absolute professional in organising this move. Any moves needed, contact Scott at "Lee Brothers Transport" or Matt at "Michel Enterprises"

Hi Folks,              14 June 2022

Here are the contact points for Matt Michel and Scott Lee:

Michel Enterprises LLC
1116 Sugarbush Lane
Waconia, MN 55387

Tel: 957-715-1548

Lee Brothers Transport LLC
5810 West Desert Drive
Laveen, AZ 85339

Tel: 715-781-1765

We'll be up front, both are personal friends. They are tops in the transport industry, which is why we are recommending them. They have done things for us and you all know Duncan (C500) who has experienced how they can help you. Complex shipments are not a problem. They both are Real Pros with many years of experience.

Take Care

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks