News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Has the price of fuel changed how many miles you now drive a year

Started by 70 sublime, May 12, 2022, 11:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

With the higher cost of fuel does your house hold use any less fuel to get around ?

You drive the same number of miles and the fuel bill costs more
10 (71.4%)
You drive less miles and spend about the same amount on fuel as before
1 (7.1%)
You drive something that uses less fuel to get around
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: May 26, 2022, 11:33:12 PM

70 sublime

This is not political so do not make it about that for this poll

I find myself not enjoying paying so much for fuel that I seem to be driving my 69 Charger and my truck less than I used to
We have picked up a smaller regular everyday car that uses half the gas as my 2021 Ram truck does so I have been using it more lately to just go out for a spin in

Before when gas got cheaper from world issues I was out with my Charger everyday but now only seem to get out a couple times a week
I am spending about the same on my old cars but have just been buying and upgrading my parts instead of giving it all to the gas station attendant  :2thumbs:

So I am going to pick option #3
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,               13 may 2022

Drive about the same miles, unwillingly pay more for fuel.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

Todd Wilson

I am driving a 5 speed Corolla most of the time now. Its an uncool car but its cheep to drive and gives me no troubles. My Cummins Dodge has sat 2 weeks now empty. With my divorce I simply dont have the 150$ plus to fill it up! The rest of my fleet is locked up by my ex with most likely bad gas and dead batteries now since its been 19 months since I have been around them..................

Todd

b5blue

Lately not much driving due to issues and upgrades so about the same. Retired so the extra 20.00 for a tank isn't a deal breaker. (Yet)

bakerhillpins

For me this is a bit of a skewed response...   I've not changed my driving habits, however, I now predominantly work from home so I probably drive less because of that. My wife also typically works a few days a week from home but her situation also changes each week.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

472 R/T SE

O boy!  Lemme tell ya, when you drive a 8-9 mph (highway at that) daily driver that requires Premium...lol.
I filled my truck a few days after the invasion and haven't drove it since, lol.

Small town, maybe 2k.  I use my little 3 wheel scooter to grocery shop now instead of driving to Hays.  I pay more but the money is staying local.

But:

My hot rod still isn't registered here.  Theres a couple All Mopar shows 4 hours away I wanna hit this summer and I don't even think about fuel.  Once I get behind the wheel of that thing, nothing else matters!  Dont know about the rest of you but when you lose the use of your legs and show up in a hot rod everyone oggles over, the ol head swells, lol.

RallyeMike

I keep track of our general budget because I am a "stats guy". I just gotta know what we spend our money on.

So..... I know that the bottom line is that we are paying $125/month more for fuel than we did in 2020. In the scheme of things, that's not much dough. I'm certainly not changing my life for that, and if I HAD TO, I'd change something else first to make up the $125 long before I drove less miles.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

birdsandbees

Not gonna change a thing..... other than I have a couple more cars to burn some AV100LL in now as well.... :icon_smile_big: Not gonna let a 40% increase in gas spoil the fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6adEHkuEz4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yodr3ySuxoo
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

472 R/T SE

Just realized.  Maybe the truck should be in the garage instead.  The Charger was getting 12-13mpg with the OD and all.
I even eeeked out 14mpg one trip, but I hate going that slow, too much in and outta OD.

Todd Wilson

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on May 13, 2022, 05:07:32 PM
O boy!  Lemme tell ya, when you drive a 8-9 mph (highway at that) daily driver that requires Premium...lol.
I filled my truck a few days after the invasion and haven't drove it since, lol.

Small town, maybe 2k.  I use my little 3 wheel scooter to grocery shop now instead of driving to Hays.  I pay more but the money is staying local.

But:

My hot rod still isn't registered here.  Theres a couple All Mopar shows 4 hours away I wanna hit this summer and I don't even think about fuel.  Once I get behind the wheel of that thing, nothing else matters!  Dont know about the rest of you but when you lose the use of your legs and show up in a hot rod everyone oggles over, the ol head swells, lol.

Where at in Western Kansas? I am in Hutch!

Todd

Kern Dog

I call bullshit. Your car can go faster than 8-9 miles per hour.

dreamcatcher

LOL I think he meant MPG.  I wont let it change my driving much. I do totally intend to drive all of my classics more this year. I have neglected them far to much. And will add 2 more to the stable this year. The one thing that really hurts is we traded our 5th wheel for a new one in Feb. Bad choice but who knew right. The new one is 42 feet and 12000 lbs. empty. We have two older Dodge diesel trucks. The only thing we use them for is the trailers but last time I looked diesel was 5.55 here. My 1 ton is full right now but I am headed to the lake soon. I feel for the working class (I have been retired for 16 years)  having to drive every day. I live 25 miles from town but only drive in about every two weeks.
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

Kern Dog

dreamcatcher

I figured you were. I have to go back into my posts and correct all the time (and that is after I proof read ) Old age you know.  :shruggy:
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Kern Dog on May 14, 2022, 12:38:01 AM

I call bullshit. Your car can go faster than 8-9 miles per hour.

Can I blame it on spellcheck?
How bout drunk posting, lol?

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Todd Wilson on May 13, 2022, 09:25:05 PM

But:

Todd

Back home, well actually 13 miles west of Hays, Ellis.
I have a 91 y o uncle I check in on.  I bought a place 3 houses north of his.  Uncle lives in gmas old place and when he passes hes giving it to my Mom.  So my plans are to be here when she finally moves up.

I'll be doing the Wichita Area Mopars show.  Last time I attended was around '86, lol.

Hot rod was backfiring a bit last couple times.  I may have to jet carbs for elevation.  Up there it was sea level.

dreamcatcher

[/quote]
Actually I like both of those reasons very much. Is the charger in the bottom of your posts the one you have now? If so I would love to see a bigger picture of it.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: dreamcatcher on May 14, 2022, 05:20:44 PM

Actually I like both of those reasons very much. Is the charger in the bottom of your posts the one you have now? If so I would love to see a bigger picture of it.
[/quote]

----

Im about wore out peddling this external power walker bike to get this old Vista computer to work.
Ill have to jump on my phone for pix.  Ive abused that signature picture using it all the time since I took it 8-10 years back, lol.  Pretty obvious I don't get out much anymore, lol.

Begrudgingly sold the Magnum.  Great rig for me.  Throw my wheelchair in back and shuffle to drivers seat.
I just have the srt10 & Charger from divorce.  I give her my new Uber rig, 2018 Journey.  srt10 was hers.  She drove less than a mile to work, lol.
I had Danes last Daytona clone before his beautiful blue one he built.  Sold it after 6 months or so cause I was overwhelmed with the attention, believe it or not, lol.

dreamcatcher

l always wanted a magnum AWD hemi. Never owned one. We bought an 08 300C in 09. Have had issues but love the car. It dropped a valve seat at 159000 miles. I rebuilt it but never changed the intake. ALWAYS CHANGE THE INTAKE!!!  :brickwall: We washed it out but when we put it back together there was some pieces of valve seat stuck in it. Well it took the engine out again. You have never lived till you have pulled the 5.7 out of an awd 300 not once but twice. The front axles run through the oil pan and the front differential is bolted to the pan.  But it is running well again now. Yes you need to get the Charger running! I wish you well in the endeavor.
Don

472 R/T SE

Ill tell ya right now.  I had no idea the RWD Mopar/Mercedes platform would get around in the snow like it did.
Only thing that stopped me was being high centered from the deep stuff, lol.
Id have the go fast pedal floored and hear each wheel spin separately at low rpms.  Blew me away.

Altho, it doesn't matter how good of a driver you are during inclement weather, its the other person you gotta worry about!

Todd Wilson

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on May 14, 2022, 04:14:45 PM
Quote from: Todd Wilson on May 13, 2022, 09:25:05 PM

But:

Todd

Back home, well actually 13 miles west of Hays, Ellis.
I have a 91 y o uncle I check in on.  I bought a place 3 houses north of his.  Uncle lives in gmas old place and when he passes hes giving it to my Mom.  So my plans are to be here when she finally moves up.

I'll be doing the Wichita Area Mopars show.  Last time I attended was around '86, lol.

Hot rod was backfiring a bit last couple times.  I may have to jet carbs for elevation.  Up there it was sea level.

I will have to try and get over to that. Maybe look you up there. They moved it to the park years ago and its a nice area with some trees and such for shade!

Todd

472 R/T SE

Todd.  The last time I went I seem to remember a gravel road leading out to a giant park with a river close by.

There was some sort of airplane show going on at the same time iirc.
It was my very first show.  I learned so much.  That show started my #s matching, factory resto stage, lol.  GG who back then, lol?
Pretty sure I sent you pix from the show and you loaded them on a website of yours?  '70 'cuda with a psychedelic paint, light blue with black, silver, white stripes...etc.  My buddys pristine '69 RR?

I'll pm my phone #.

Sorry 70 sublime.  I'll start my own thread.  Im a newbie, lol.

gtx6970

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on May 15, 2022, 03:43:03 PM
Todd.  The last time I went I seem to remember a gravel road leading out to a giant park with a river close by.

It was my very first show.  I learned so much.  That show started my #s matching, factory resto stage, lol.  GG who back then, lol?
Pretty sure I sent you pix from the show and you loaded them on a website of yours?  '70 'cuda with a psychedelic paint, light blue with black, silver, white stripes...etc.  My buddys pristine '69 RR?

I'll pm my phone #.

Mike ????

472 R/T SE

Quote from: gtx6970 on May 15, 2022, 04:52:15 PM

I'll pm my phone #.

Mike ????

Yep, bought your A66 Challenger that was the highest $$ non RT small block at BJ years back.

I dont see many old usernames I recognize.  They must have left for the same reasons, lol.

Todd Wilson

I'll pm my phone #.

Yeah! Its been a long time! Its still there on my new server!

http://job-rated.com//wam86/wam86.html

Todd