News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Part throttle bog

Started by 69skcharger, May 18, 2022, 08:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69skcharger

Just rebuilt the carb on my Charger (383), and also changed the intake manifold gasket to block the exhaust cross-over, hoping to eliminate my vapor lock issues. For the carb, it's an Edelbrock 650 AVS and I used the Edelbrock kit, following the instructions word by word. Getting the car back on the road this spring, timing set, idle air mixture screws set, everything seems great at idle, but getting into the first ~10% of the throttle, it bogs badly - no power. I changed the step up springs in the cab to the pink ones and moved to the closest hole on the accelerator pump, and that seemed to help a little, but the problem still exists. However, here's the strange part - after driving for a good amount of time, well past when the engine has reached operating temp, it starts running normally - no more bog. It does this consistently. The only thing I can think of is that my coil is going bad, does that make sense? Other suggestions?

John_Kunkel

Richen the idle mixture. When cold, the mixture is lean, at operating temperature it becomes richer.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.