News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TransGo TFSC Valve Body Kit - Experiences

Started by RollinThunder, May 23, 2022, 03:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RollinThunder

Hello,

I purchased this TransGo SK TFSC Torqueflite Repair Kit.  Was wondering if anybody else has used this kit?  And what their experiences were? 

Particularly with the Line Pressure Regulator spring (and adjustment) changes.  Does this increase LP too much, just right, or not enough?

Regards

John_Kunkel

The SK TFSC (No-Yo-Yo) kit is mostly about the manual valve which deals with converter drain back, the additional springs and plate mods result in firmer than stock shifts. The firmness of the shifts depend a lot on the condition of the trans but are not usually objectionable.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

RollinThunder

Hi John,

Thanks for the info.  When installing the supplied manual valve (that improves the TC drain back issue), it wants the casting notched where the valve enters the casting.  Is this notch really necessary?  I do not see the purpose of it, yet?  Unless it helps it to vent.
Just don't want to do that to the valve body if it is not necessary.

Sounds like you are saying the revised Line Pressure Regulator springs in the kit, yield reasonable results?

John_Kunkel

I believe the notch is there to ensure there is a fluid path for rear servo release, I have a large countersink so I do it that way. For best results, it's best to not deviate from the instructions.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.