News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2.5 inch header back exhaust

Started by charger_fan_4ever, May 23, 2022, 06:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_fan_4ever

What has everyone used ? I have hooker longtubes for my 70 440.
Been eyeing the magnaflow stainless system. $1400 cdn up here.

Seen the flowmaster kit is $850us at summit. But not coated.

Up here in canada lots of humidity thinking stainless be better.My garage is a cement
Floor but not heated.

XH29N0G

I don't have the answer for you, but I do have some considerations to ask about or look into. 

I had someone else restore my car.  I have supercomp headers and they used a SS pypes setup.  I do not know more than that about the details.  What I do know is that there are two indentations in the cross member that I believe are for the exhaust to run through.  The driver' side pipe did not bend to make it through its one and the exhaust hung lower on the car than I liked.  I ended up cutting and modifying to make it work. 

I think part of the reason it was difficult is because the flange is not angled in on these headers compared to some of the other headers, but I am guessing that the kits also have the potential to address it. 

Maybe someone will know which kits fit best and can advise.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Mopar Nut

I bought a complete 304 stainless steel exhaust system manifold back from TTi.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Mopar Nut on May 24, 2022, 03:06:52 AM
I bought a complete 304 stainless steel exhaust system manifold back from TTi.

Looking at b105.i dont see any stainless systems?

https://www.ttiexhaust.com/1-B6670.htm

Mopar Nut

Call TTi and speak with Mike Raby, normally just add SS (stainless steel) to the end of the item kit you want.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

71charger_fan

I have a Pypes system on my '71 and have been very pleased with the quality and durability.

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: 71charger_fan on May 27, 2022, 09:08:11 AM
I have a Pypes system on my '71 and have been very pleased with the quality and durability.

Thanks!
Just found a pypes complete system with mufflers all stainless on amazon $800 cdn free shipping.Can't beat that up here.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on May 29, 2022, 09:28:55 PM
Quote from: 71charger_fan on May 27, 2022, 09:08:11 AM

Thanks!
Just found a pypes complete system with mufflers all stainless on amazon $800 cdn free shipping.Can't beat that up here.

Pypes is not 304 stainless steel, they use 409 stainless steel that will rust.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NhNAGxkAHko