News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Still chugging along.....

Started by 1974dodgecharger, May 24, 2022, 04:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

Even after all these years im still chugging along....

70 sublime

Guess you did not sell it yet  :2thumbs:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Kern Dog

That sure doesn't look like a 1974 model.   :nana:

Daytona R/T SE

So, What happened to to upper radiator core support crossbar?

armor64

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on May 25, 2022, 09:00:45 AM
at a recent carshow here in southern ontario there were 2 b bodies with engine swaps, and both had the upper bar cut and extended with 2 bolts on each side to make it removable. looked like a fantastic idea compared to when i had the trans tailstock touching the ground with the waterpump on the ceiling getting my stock 440/727 back in without hitting the firewall LOL. Figure the ease of access and install/removal makes it worth while here too?

Kern Dog

Andy Finkbeiner of AR Engineering also did that to his 65 Coronet. The belief is that the upper bar is not nearly as structurally important as the one below the radiator. Having it removeable greatly improves the ease of engine swaps.
My 2007 Ram 1500 was built this way but it is body on frame.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: armor64 on May 25, 2022, 12:42:08 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on May 25, 2022, 09:00:45 AM
at a recent carshow here in southern ontario there were 2 b bodies with engine swaps, and both had the upper bar cut and extended with 2 bolts on each side to make it removable. looked like a fantastic idea compared to when i had the trans tailstock touching the ground with the waterpump on the ceiling getting my stock 440/727 back in without hitting the firewall LOL. Figure the ease of access and install/removal makes it worth while here too?

I've seen this done many times over the years, most of the time, the crossbar has been thrown away.

It seems to me that it wouldn't be of any benefit unless the latch tray, grill and front bumper are removed  too. (As 74DC has done here)

I've never had a problem putting a 440,383,340 or 318 in from the top, and then installing the transmission from the bottom.

:shruggy:

Your mileage may vary...