News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seat resto; bench bottom on my Bird

Started by hemi68charger, May 30, 2022, 06:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Well, thought I would tackle something out of my typical comfort zone, upholstery. With the help of Legendary Auto's series of YouTube videos I decided to go for it. The original 52 foam was wasted big-time,  just crumbling as seen with all the yellow on the carpet. That is why it was not the most comfortable ride. With the rebuild kit from Legendary,  I was able to replace all the jute, foam and edge guards with new. The beginning of reinstalling the seat cover went rather smooth and it helped by not totally removing the back of the cover.  As I approached the front it became more difficult to stretch, compress, hold and clip at the same time. I was about to throw in the towel for the day (hot as heck down here in rhe garage). Then it dawned on me to use zipties to assist in holding cover close to the frame clip location. Then I could compress the foam and I pull the vinyl taunt and pull the ziptie tighter. Heck !!! Worked perfectly.. I was able to secure the front of the seat cover. I will take this time to repaint the frame pedestals before permanent installation.
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection