News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

how to take out stock radio?

Started by euroZ06, May 25, 2022, 07:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

euroZ06

Hi,

So im trying to take apart my dash, and I'm curious how does the stock radio mount in there? I can take the four bolts that hold the bezel, but is the radio connected to anything else there?
68 charger, 383, 727, 3.55

WHITE AND RED 69

Assuming its a second gen dash, aside from the bezel screws there are 2 bolts on the front and a bolt on the back that attaches to a support rod.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

timmycharger

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on May 27, 2022, 03:04:11 PM
Assuming its a second gen dash, aside from the bezel screws there are 2 bolts on the front and a bolt on the back that attaches to a support rod.

Exactly and be prepared as it is a heavy SOB

JimShine

I will add: The mount on the back rests on the brace and is held on with a nut. You have to left up to get it to come off. If you have AC vents, it is going to get tricky.

I found it is easiest to remove the glovebox liner so I can reach in and move wires out of the way, and to reach in from the side to work versus up from the bottom.

euroZ06

Ok thanks guys.

It does have ac, which is tolted inward and causes the condensate to leak inside. So im trying to get behind the dash to try and raise the whole ac asembly up
68 charger, 383, 727, 3.55