News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Car studdering sitting at light

Started by comet_666, June 04, 2022, 01:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

This is strange but it started when I installed my electric fan setup, issue is when sitting at a light with car at operating temp sometimes it stutters like it is going to stall. I think it is the electric fan ramping up and causing it. The pieces in play are
Dakota Digital Dash
FI-Tech Fuel injection
SPAL brushless fans
According to the SPAL instructions, the 5a fused switched ignition source is pretty vague, in this case however I have a wire running for this to the Dakota Digital accessory power port.
The fi tech does not control the fans
I had my feul pump gauge up and while sitting at light it stayed steady at 93 when it stumbled.
I also just replaced my fuel pump with a series 5 pump to work with the fi tech pwm feature.
Not sure but is it possible I should have the 5a fused switched ignition source not tagged into the Dakota Digital box and have it go right to the fuse box? Or do you think it's something else?

Thanks all as always!

b5blue

Low ALT output @ idle?  :scratchchin: (Coil starved for volts.)

comet_666

I had my battery gauge up as well and didnt really see it move..was at 14 something

b5blue