News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1966-67 Quarter Panels

Started by jrlegacy23, May 26, 2006, 02:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrlegacy23

Any one use the Quarter panels from www.jcwhitney.com on a 1966-67 charger? I am looking for new quarters and they are the only ones that seem to have reproduction quarters. Do you know where any other place that I can get a set, or even the patch panels?

mopar_madman

I looked into the panels and a couple people said they were hand made and not very good. Depending on how much you need to repair they might be ok for patches here or there but for a whole panel replacement you might need to keep looking or have someone hand make them that will fit properly.
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

tootall

I ordered up a set of these panels. the metal is a little thinner than it should be. part of the wheel well opening can be used. mainly the rear half. the front of the wheel lip does not fit. the radius is not the same. the lower 10 to 12 inches in front and back of the wheel opening can be used for patch panels. hardens has trunk extensions, but the angle in the front will have to be changed to fit the quarter. I paid 300.00 with shipping for both left and right quarters. this was probably a fair enough deal. I had to rebuild th top of the wheel lip with a front fender wheel lip. it is not a perfect match, but was totally workable.

dodgeboy67

when i called about them, i was advised  BY THE MANUFACTURER to try and find a donor car,......if im not mistaken they dont even have the indents inthe side

jrlegacy23

What I'm actually doing is I have a 1967 dodge coronet that the quarters need a bit of help and I do not like the fender skirt look, so I want to put panels off from the 66-67 charger to have the bigger wheel opening. I only need pretty much from the wheel well down, I do not need anything higher than just above the wheel well/lip itself. $300 shipped does not sound bad, but unsure if I want to take the chance of sacraficing quality.

mopar_madman

If it helps with the decision I think J C whitney has a money back , no questions asked return policy.
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

myrt70

I do not know why none of the companies who make the reproduction sheet metal,do not make a full panel for the 66-67 Chargers. They would be fairly easy to stamp,because of the way they have no sail panel. They would be really easy to install too. Maybe Goodmark will step up after they do the second and third generation full panels.
70 Charger R/T

hcharger

:'(All the ones I looked at   are the same  Crosscanada, Sherman etc.  I needed a set   so ordered them, knowing they were not good.  There is pictures of them on Crosscanda or Sherman. 
The wheel wheel is no where near right   the rest below the crease is OK  but above the 1st crease  they are not good  BUT at this time all that is out there. I made mine work  Took many pictures  of the process   Dont know how to make pictures smaller to attach  right now
Ron