News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger power steering pump suggestions.

Started by Dakota Daddy, June 05, 2022, 02:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakota Daddy

I have a 68 charger survivor I drive weekly.  My power steering pump is starting to leak behind the pulley.  I put stop leak in sometime ago because the gearbox was leaking, took care of the gearbox problem.
I think the pump is original, not sure.  I'm looking for suggestions on maybe replacing it and with what and from who.  Or rebuilding it if possible if I myself can do it. 

I live 30 miles out of town and don't want any down time cause I want to drive it.

thanks

John_Kunkel

Determine which pump you have and then check YouTube for a video on rebuilding it. If you have all of the necessary parts and tooling before you start the job, it shouldn't take too long.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

b5blue

Order one from Rock Auto and swap it out. (This isn't Rocket Science.) Include a set of seals for the box and change them also.  :2thumbs:

Dakota Daddy

Quote from: b5blue on June 05, 2022, 10:05:32 PM
Order one from Rock Auto and swap it out. (This isn't Rocket Science.) Include a set of seals for the box and change them also.  :2thumbs:

thank youi

Dakota Daddy

Quote from: b5blue on June 05, 2022, 10:05:32 PM

thank you

b5blue