News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 6 way seat

Started by ord27, June 14, 2022, 06:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ord27

I know this is a shot in the dark
but
I'm looking for a 70 B body 6 way seat track.
Anyone know of one for sale?

Alaskan_TA

I posted a WIW question on another forum, then I was using a search engine to see what they have been selling for & one link sent me here......  :scratchchin:

bad88t-top

I have a very nice original 1970 b body 6 way seat for sale.   $1000 takes it.
TX9 70 Charger RT: 6 pack, 4 speed, A33 Saddle interior, red stripe
EB7 70 Charger RT SE: PS, PB, PW, PSunroof, Defogger, Air, loaded
FC7 70 Charger RT: 440 4 speed, Dana, white longitudinal, black vinyl
EB5 70 Charger RT: 440 4 speed, Dana, B5 interior, white long stripe
EB5 70 Charger RT SE: V code 4speed A34, charcoal interior, loaded
F8 69 Charger: Power Sunroof Car
13 Duramax 2500HD: Tow Rig
17 Durango RT

Alaskan_TA

ord27, I just sent you an email.

ord27

Alaskan_TA/Barry, I sent you another email. I understand that I didn't follow your direction about the money order. I apologize.  I honestly didn't realize that a cashiers check would be any different. The only way that I can get the funds returned to my account, is to have the actual cashiers check to deposit. Otherwise, the funds are gone. So, if you tear up the check, I am out the money and the 6 way. I would appreciate either the check to be returned, or the 6 way shipped. I can send you a self addressed stamped envelope, or reimburse you for your gas. Please let me know what you decide

Alaskan_TA

You have already wasted about 3 hours of my time.

The first thing I recommended to you was to call your bank & put a 'stop payment' on the check.

That way, you handle the problem you created & I do not have to waste any more time with you.  :cheers:

ord27

my bank says that I can't put a stop payment on a cashiers check. I honestly didn't mean to waste your time. I am offering to compensate you, for either the return of the check, or the trip for you to deposit it and ship the 6 way. I honestly don't know what else to offer.

ord27

aren't you going to Carlisle next month? I'm sure that you will pass a bank along the way. Couldn't you just agree to deposit and ship at that time?
I'm just trying to offer solutions

ord27

not even a response.....

Mopar Nut

Quote from: ord27 on June 25, 2022, 09:01:40 AM
my bank says that I can't put a stop payment on a cashiers check. I honestly didn't mean to waste your time. I am offering to compensate you, for either the return of the check, or the trip for you to deposit it and ship the 6 way. I honestly don't know what else to offer.

Contact his local police department to report a stolen check. Show them this thread where you were contacted from someone selling an item. You have his address correct?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

fastmark

Hey guys, sounds like we have a problem. Mind letting us know what's happening? I'm not sure I understand the difference between a money order and cashiers check. I receive money orders all the time in my budiness and know they can be stopped. It is a major deal to do but they can be stopped.

ord27

I'm being told I can't do a stop payment. If I could, I would. It was my mistake, so that would just be my cost of that mistake. I would have put the stop payment on and then sent him the postal money order that he requested.
My bank says that I have to wait 90 days, get a surety bond and declare the check lost.....or present the original check for deposit.

I will keep researching this, but this is what the vice president of my local branch is telling me

Alaskan_TA

A related article;

"Consumer Advisory 2007-1| January 16, 2007

Avoiding Cashier's Check Fraud

Many consumers have become victims of scams involving a fraudulent cashier's check. A cashier's check is a check that is issued by a bank, and sold to its customer or another purchaser, that is a direct obligation of the bank. Cashier's checks are viewed as relatively risk-free instruments and, therefore, are often used as a trusted form of payment to consumers for goods and services.
However, cashier's checks lately have become an attractive vehicle for fraud when used for payments to consumers. Although, the amount of a cashier's check quickly becomes "available" for withdrawal by the consumer after the consumer deposits the check, these funds do not belong to the consumer if the check proves to be fraudulent. It may take weeks to discover that a cashier's check is fraudulent. In the meantime, the consumer may have irrevocably wired the funds to a scam artist or otherwise used the funds—only to find out later, when the fraud is detected—that the consumer owes the bank the full amount of the cashier's check that had been deposited.

This OCC Consumer Advisory on Avoiding Cashier's Check Fraud gives you information on some common scams and some steps you can take to avoid becoming a victim. Although this advisory focuses on cashier's checks, you may find the information useful if you transact business using other official bank instruments, such as money orders and official checks.
Common Scams - Each scam involving a fraudulent cashier's check may be different, but some of the more common scenarios are:

•   Selling goods – You sell goods in the marketplace – for example, over the Internet. A buyer sends you a cashier's check for the price that you have agreed on, and you ship the goods to the buyer." 

Quote above from https://www.occ.gov/news-events/news-and-events-archive/consumer-advisories/consumer-advisory-2007-1.html
If it has ever happened to you by selling to a stranger, you know to NOT accept cashier's checks for payment.
The 'buyer' knew the terms including send a USPS money order. He decided on his own to void the transaction by allegedly sending a cashier's check. He even apologized for it above. Obviously the apology was not sincere since he is trying to defame me here & one at least one other car forum as well.
(I said 'allegedly' above because nothing from him has arrived yet, but I would not expect it until later in the week or possibly early next week anyway)

If he did send a check it should have the name on the financial institution holding the funds. It should also have the bank employee's signature on it.

So this is my current plan;

If the alleged check shows up, I will contact the bank named on it. I will then try to reach out to the employee that signed it.

If it turns out to be genuine, I will mail it to that person & let them deal with the guy that sent it.

If it turns out to be bogus, then different story.

As far as mailing it back to him goes, not going to happen.

Even with a tracking number, Mr. McElroy could claim the envelope was damaged, or empty, etc. & I would have no proof if he actually took the check to his bank for a refund.
   If I send it to the bank instead, I have faith that he will get his money back AND the signatory on the check will be able to support that process for him.

As far as the 'report it stolen' comment above goes, nothing has been stolen. He allegedly sent an item to me I did not want and I have the right to refuse that type of payment for the reasons listed above.

(If a check does get torn up or voided another way, there is no way to cash it. No funds would be transferred, his bank would still have the money.)

Remember, he knew payment was to be via a USPS money order from the start! That is what we agreed to. Easy for me with a USPS money order, only 2 miles from the house, I sign the money order over right there to ship the item & then I get change.

If that money order turned out to a counterfeit then they should catch it right then. The transaction would not go through & the item would not be mailed. Built in protection for the seller this way.  :cheers:

Alaskan_TA

ord27

sounds reasonable. Thanks for your willingness to send it back.

Sorry for the extra steps.

Lesson learned

DoubleDlover

I beleave i have a 70 6 way. Once you get your money back. Send me a PM and i bet we can work something out. I could care less if you send a check M/O or bank check. r

Alaskan_TA

Quote from: ord27 on June 28, 2022, 01:05:27 PM
sounds reasonable. Thanks for your willingness to send it back.

Sorry for the extra steps.

Lesson learned

The check I did not want arrived, so I sent it to the issuing bank with a note to contact Mr. McElroy when it is received & signed for.

USPS tracking number;

7021 1970 0000 7317 4737

ord27

My bank called me today, saying that they received the check and will deposit it.

So, I guess this issue is dead

I did purchase a 6 way from a different source.

Does anyone now of a place that restores these?

Thanks

472 R/T SE

Ive been told the same thing.  Theres no way to put a stop payment on a cashiers.  Once its issued, thats it.

Pretty simple imo.  If a person has doubts, hold on to product until check clears or bank says its legit.