News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Six Barrel Superbird Fuel Bowl Inlet Fittings

Started by Mopar John, June 14, 2022, 02:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar John

I have seen some postings on fuel bowl fittings and would like to
come to a consensus on what we think our Six Barrel Superbirds originally had.
I will share pictures of my carburetor fittings and we can go from there.
The first picture is of the front carburetor fitting with a six sided hex head on the fuel bowl side and two flats on the fuel line side.
The second picture is of the center carburetor fitting with a smooth ring on the fuel bowl side and six sided hex head on the fuel line side.
The third picture is of the rear carburetor fitting with a six sided hex head on the fuel bowl side and two flats on the fuel line side.
If you have a Six Barrel Superbird I ask that you post pictures of your fuel bowl fittings.
If there are any low mileage survivors they would be of the most help!
Thanks! MJ

b5blue

The center fitting is what my early 70 6BBL (GTX) had. The intake was aluminum.  :scratchchin:

dreamcatcher

I have a 69 setup and all 3 carbs have that center fitting. Not sure what car it came from but it had the correct fuel fittings and lines on it.
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

Mopar John

Not many responses from original six barrel Superbird owners?
So here is a picture of a couple of NOS HOLLEY fuel bowl fittings.
The one on the left is a black phosphate finish and
the one on the right is a yellow gold finish.
They both have the six sided hex on the fuel bowl side
and the 2 flats on the fuel line side.
I think that when owners get their carbs restored the fittings
all get the same plating and the difference in finishes goes away?
So still looking for survivor six barrel Superbird fitting pictures.
Thanks! MJ

426HemiChick

Quote from: Mopar John on October 18, 2022, 04:39:15 PM
Not many responses from original six barrel Superbird owners?
So here is a picture of a couple of NOS HOLLEY fuel bowl fittings.
The one on the left is a black phosphate finish and
the one on the right is a yellow gold finish.
They both have the six sided hex on the fuel bowl side
and the 2 flats on the fuel line side.
I think that when owners get their carbs restored the fittings
all get the same plating and the difference in finishes goes away?
So still looking for survivor six barrel Superbird fitting pictures.
Thanks! MJ

Hi Mopar John,                18 October 2022

We have a 69 440 Six-Pack with 2681 miles on it. It was driven about 6 weeks in 69 then the engine was pulled and replaced by our 68 Road Runner's 426 Hemi. The Six-Pack manifold and carbs came off as a single unit. It has been off and stored for the past 53 years. Once we locate the box it is in, we'll pull it out and photograph it for you. We are assuming the carbs and manifolds were the same on the 69 Super Bee Six-Pack as they were on the 70 Super Bird with the 440 Six-Barrel. The manifold on our SB is an aluminum Edelbrock.

Let us know if our stuff would be of any interest.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

PS: We'll try to get this done before the Southlake Kangaroo Court try's to throw my ass into their hoosegow.
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

Mopar John

426 Hemi Chicks,
Yes,
When you do come across the six pack set up take some pictures of the 3 fuel bowl/line fittings and post them here.
Thanks! MJ

70 sublime

Saw this picture in an ad on fb if it helps any

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/464070125500132/?hoisted=false&ref=browse_tab&referral_code=marketplace_top_picks&referral_story_type=top_picks

1969 Dodge or Plymouth A12 Six Pack Automatic set up: stored for decades. Seemingly never ever apart. Never modified. Ink stamps present ("439" and "75") and orange engine paint overspray still present. Complete except for solenoid. Carburetor List Numbers and date codes are as follows: Front Carb List 4393-1, Date Code 1279.  Center Carb List 4392-1, Date Code 1559. Rear Carb List 4394, Date Code 0729. $3750. Plenty more pictures if needed. Pick up in Northern NJ or can deliver to MCACN pre-paid. Will Not Ship
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Mopar John

70 sublime,
It does help!
You see the 2 different colored finishes and a mix of fitting types.
Thanks! MJ

426HemiChick

Hi John,                22 October 2022

We have a couple projects to wrap up then we'll make a concerted effort to find the box with the intake and carbs. As soon as that's done did, we'll post the photos.

Somehow this post got mixed into another post of ours, which was posted where it shouldn't have been. Think sleep deprivation may have something to do with it. Just noticed we put an incorrect date above (now corrected).

We're almost finished with our major project, a stand for Dena's birthday present, her 75 inch Sony flat screen. Hopefully it'll be done this weekend. We think we know where the box is that contains our Six Pack manifold and carbs.

Take Care

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court