News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AMD LH and RH Floor Pans

Started by TexasStroker, July 18, 2022, 02:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasStroker

I searched around and didn't come up with any threads...Has anyone installed AMD's LH and RH Floor Pans in a 2nd Gen (or any 66-70 for that matter)?  If so, how did they fit up?  Any insights/tips on how to go about joining to the firewall and trans tunnel?  For example is it better to use the full half pans, or just trim back a little from the section being replaced and keep as much of the original sheet metal as possible?

I had no clue the pans were bad until I was going to re-wire the car.  I pulled the rear seat and everything was mint.  Then backed out to pull the sill plates, lifted up the carpet, and saw the wire covers were rough and then a little daylight.  When space frees up and I pull the front seats and carpet I'll have a better scope of things.

The project was put off due to some other stuff and having to prioritize the truck, but I have the panels ordered and hope to get started in the not too distant future.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

AZMoparboy

I'm self taught and searched the internet. YouTube has many channels. Just do a search for your car on exactly what you want to learn. The guys that are demonstrating their technique varies, so watch more then one so you get an idea to the Direction you choose to achieve the task at hand. There are some that are very professional as well as some that are just winging it. This just the way go about educating myself. My two cents worth

Good luck

TexasStroker

Thanks...that is also how I went about my trunk pans years ago...way more video available now than 10-15 years ago!

Everything that I've found on YT has been full pans, minus one that didn't look to be near the size of the AMD half pans.  I'm figuring Chris (junkerup) has done them at some point, but I haven't found it yet.

There was a decent picture posted on Summit from a guy with a 67 GTX.  I know replacing everything would pretty much mirror what he did, but I was always told to leave as much OE as possible, provided it was solid.  Until I get the front seats and carpet out, I won't know that point on the Charger.  From a practical view point, it almost seems you would be better off joining up on the trans tunnel and firewall as opposed to a lower, or flat segment.  I guess it will just come down to where all of the rot is, and if cutting the half pan to replace it would be in a weird contour of the pan.

Overall consensus seems to be the floor pans fit very well, so that is the good news.

This shot from the Summit review makes it pretty easy to see where the full sized half pans line up.

If anyone has installed the AMD half pans on their 2nd Gen let me know.  If not, I'll try to document it as I go.  As soon as a little space frees up in the shop, I'll pull the seats/carpet and start investigating everything.

As always, thanks for any insights.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!