DodgeCharger.com Forum
August 07, 2022, 04:57:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please remember: this is the place to discuss Chargers - NOT the place to discuss politics. Political posts will be locked or deleted at the Moderator's discretion.

Home   Help Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1969 side marker lens installation  (Read 191 times)
MaximRecoil
Old Timer

« on: June 21, 2022, 08:19:26 AM »

Recently I lost one of my side marker lenses; it just fell off somewhere while going down the road. I bought another one from a member here and I don't want it to fall off again of course. Were they originally just snapped in or was adhesive used too? On the mounting bezel for the lens that I lost, there's some, what looks to be, black adhesive residue...

... but I don't know if that's original or if some previous owner put some adhesive in there to attach a lens that maybe had broken clips.

If adhesive is supposed to be used, what kind?
JimShine
Old Timer

My Karma ran over your Dogma.

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2022, 11:37:43 AM »

I put a piece of trim tape between the reflector and the metal housing.
MaximRecoil
Old Timer

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2022, 12:15:33 PM »

I put a piece of trim tape between the reflector and the metal housing.

Thanks. Do you know if they had double-sided tape or adhesive originally, or were they just snapped in? I guess some tape would be good insurance either way.
JimShine
Old Timer

My Karma ran over your Dogma.

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2022, 08:28:48 PM »

The cars I have worked on ..i recall seeing a black rectangle of vinyl or rubber in there. But I don't know if it was dried out double stick tape, or some sort of anti-rattle thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: