News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Windshield gasket who makes the best

Started by 1st_charger, August 30, 2022, 01:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1st_charger

When replacing the windshield who makes the best fitting gasket for a factory windshield?

69bfan

Other than finding a NOS gasket, go with the Precision WCRD 715 for the 68 to 70 B-Body hardtop applications.  Should run you around $85.00.  The availability of them is spotty, so finding one may be a challenge just like finding anything at this time.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

b5blue

On eBay, "Van's" had the best price. Be aware many brands of glass are not as thick as factory.  :scratchchin:

AKcharger

charge70

Quote from: b5blue on August 30, 2022, 05:51:21 PM
On eBay, "Van's" had the best price. Be aware many brands of glass are not as thick as factory.  :scratchchin:
PGW is one of those brands.You will need to seal the glass to the weatherstrip or it will leak.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: b5blue on August 30, 2022, 05:51:21 PM

I don't think he is talking about Glass.  But rather window ribbon, which comes in different sizes.  It is like a rolled rubber adhesive. Always use a 3m brand.

b5blue

The correct rubber gasket can still leak with an aftermarket windshield.  :2thumbs:

ACUDANUT

b5blue

Kern Dog

I had the windshield replaced some years back using a rubber seal that I bought in 2002. The installer was a younger guy that obviously didn't know that even the factory used some sealant. Yeah, it leaked. The shop guy tried applying sealant around the perimeter. That didn't work either. I ended up removing the glass and re-doing it myself. I used 3M 8609 urethane sealant on the window channel and in the groove.
Yeah, it still leaks but nowhere near as much.
I broke the rear glass in the car awhile back when I was weed whacking and touched a piece of gravel...which shattered it in an instant. I measured the chunks of glass and compared them to the new AMD window.