News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Underdrive pullys

Started by comet_666, June 21, 2022, 12:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

Does anyone run under drive pully's with a electric fan setup to keep voltage up? Forgive me if I am asking a dumb question.
Once in a while, only while at a light or stopped, my voltage goes from 14.5 or whatever and it fluctuates down to say 12.2 or 11.9 which causes a slight hiccup with my fuel injection. It started happening when I installed the brushless fan setup. I cant seem to recreate it on demand even if i sit in my driveway idling for 10 min, it's only once in a while.

Thanks!

metallicareload99

What alternator are you using? I got kinda the opposite problem, seems my water pump for whatever reason doesn't move enough coolant, but alternator and electric fans are working great. I'm running the biggest crank pulley I have with the smallest water pump pulley I have and it still gets hotter than I care for. I use a Denso 130 amp alternator
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

comet_666

Tuff Stuff 100 AMP; 1 Wire; Single Groove Pulley

metallicareload99

That "should" be plenty, but how much it makes at idle is the million dollar question. You are using a separate fan controller? The Fitech will raise idle speed when it's controlling the fans, might be able to tap into that feature  :shruggy:

comet_666

Yah i remember that when i had it inadvertently set to on way back when, I don't remember if it raised it or lowered it.
Its tagged into my dakota digital gauges  because the fans came with their own sensor.

metallicareload99

Another thing, what RPM is your idle? I do have my idle set kinda high (1050+ rpm) because of the roller cam and manual trans

comet_666

850 I think. If I set it higher, when I shut it off it likes to diesel