News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger hood hinges

Started by komninon, May 08, 2022, 09:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

komninon

who sells  quality hood hinges?
thank you

b5blue

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

MaximRecoil

If you didn't already know, hood hinges from '70s and '80s Dodge pickups (and Ramchargers / Trail Dusters) are functionally the same thing, and are a lot easier to find in a junkyard than second-generation Dodge Chargers. I've had '70s or '80s Dodge pickup hood hinges on my '69 Charger for 11 years now. Here's a thread I made about it in 2011:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=80901.0

jlatessa

I've suggested this before on some forums and had good results myself,
Soooo here goes again;

Probably most of the problems with hood hinges is the wear on both the
hinge rivets and the lever hole I.D.s.

What I've done on both our cars, 70 Charger and 71 RR is to place the rivets on the anvil part of my vise
and progressively increase the force with which I whack it with a 2# sledge until the rivet both becomes shorter between the
flanges and swells the rivet shank to reduce the clearances you previously had.

It was readily apparent when this was successful. It is worth a try before you spend good $.

My 2 cents, can't hurt to try....

Joe