News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hood hardware question 1969

Started by C500, May 27, 2022, 03:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

Hey folks... the new AMD hood doesn't have holes to attach the latch hardware at the front ... can someone please assist with measurements where to drill the holes... in millimetres? Thanks in advance...
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Mopar Nut

Quote from: C500 on May 27, 2022, 03:44:57 PM
Hey folks... the new AMD hood doesn't have holes to attach the latch hardware at the front ... can someone please assist with measurements where to drill the holes... in millimetres? Thanks in advance...

What year Charger?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

C500

Quote from: Mopar Nut on May 28, 2022, 12:14:28 AM

What year Charger?
Good question....'69 👍🏻
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Daytona R/T SE

You've got bigger problems than just missing holes.

The latch hardware mounting holes have threaded inserts in them from the factory.

You can't just drill a few holes and put self tapping screws in there...

:Twocents:

Mopar Nut

Post some pictures of where the latch would bolt up to on your new AMD hood.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

RTSE440

These may help but you need to buy the rivet gun to suit i have a really good Italian made one which is quite expensive but they make a cheap Chinese one which would probably do the job.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/363855024062?hash=item54b7730fbe:g:yoUAAOSw3OJikv8G

C500

Thanks, I just need some measurements on where to make the holes now

C500

anybody out there that can take a tape measure to a 68-69 hood?  :popcrn:

Ryan

id be calling amd and asking for a new hood. Those threaded inserts should be there. Every AMD hood I have touched has had them.

69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

70 sublime

Just drill it and use hood pins only ??
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

C500