News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FUEL sending unit

Started by roger01, August 14, 2005, 11:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roger01

i,ve got the fuel sending unit out of the tank ....now is there anyway of testing this ....or do i just need to buy a new one and see.......69  charger

beenaround

hook it up to an ohmeter and move the float arm from stop to stop,the reading should not go "open" at any point.if memory serves you will get a reading between 10 and 90 ohms

roger01

do you mean that the reading will climb from 10 to 90 as i move the arm

Charger4404spd

Yes, if the float is at the bottom (as if it is out of fuel), the resistance will be the greatest and decrease as you move the float up.

roger01

i checked my sender and it ranged from 118 to 35....im thinking oh my god dont tell me this is still good ...i picked up the new one and installed it ....guess what ...i never thought i would be so happy to have 1/8 of a tank of gas ... so my limiter and the sending unit were shot........ thanks for the help guys

Ghoste

You didn't happen to check the range of resistance in the new one before installing it did you?  Just to verify beenaround's memory.

roger01

yup... he was right on it was 9.6----to ---89. something

beenaround

see guys this is why i can't sleep at night!my mind remembers these old specs lost in the space of time! and old service manuels!!!!!the worst part is that i didn't even have to look in one of my service books!!!someone shoot me or give me a HEMI!!!

Ghoste

If I give you a Hemi then I'll be the one who can't sleep at night.