News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Why do TicTocTachs look so goofy?

Started by 375instroke, July 01, 2022, 06:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

375instroke

Why are 4,000 and 5,000 so close together, with the graduations below further apart, and above even further apart?

INTMD8

Interesting, never noticed that.   I did have mine changed however.

69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

AKcharger

John_Kunkel

I'm guessing it's because of the way the internal mechanism works...there's something there that prevents a linear needle sweep. Current aftermarket units have much-improved electronics.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

375instroke

Quote from: John_Kunkel on July 02, 2022, 11:36:22 AM
I'm guessing it's because of the way the internal mechanism works...there's something there that prevents a linear needle sweep. Current aftermarket units have much-improved electronics.

I'd think that at first, but can you remember seeing any other tach from the era doing the same thing?  I'm wondering if that was the feature, not the bug.  Because it's so hard to see behind the clock, they kind of moved things around so you don't shift too late. 

375instroke

Quote from: INTMD8 on July 01, 2022, 07:32:42 PM
Interesting, never noticed that.   I did have mine changed however.

I like that one.  Care to elaborate?

INTMD8

^ I sent it to redline gauge works. They changed it to modern internals along with new face with raised redline.

b5blue

Quote from: 375instroke on July 02, 2022, 05:18:57 PM
Quote from: John_Kunkel on July 02, 2022, 11:36:22 AM

I'd think that at first, but can you remember seeing any other tach from the era doing the same thing?  I'm wondering if that was the feature, not the bug.  Because it's so hard to see behind the clock, they kind of moved things around so you don't shift too late. 
Notice the distance from zero to ten is shorter than the distance from ten to twenty also. These were all intended for point dizzy's so possibly an accuracy adjustment like the fuel sender's windings pattern.

chargered

Quote from: INTMD8 on July 03, 2022, 09:36:12 AM
^ I sent it to redline gauge works. They changed it to modern internals along with new face with raised redline.

The wood grain looks nice (like it better than mine), where did you get it?

INTMD8

^ I figured all the wood grain stuff was the same.  Sorry I'm not sure of the source, it was with my car when I bought it.

375instroke

I present to you, the Tic-Tocless-Tach from Redline Gauge Works.

Mopar Nut

Here's Dakota Digital's RTX Tic-Toc-Tac.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

mally69

Thats awesome, i didnt know they made a tac without the clock. I may go that route now that i know its avail. What did that cost you?? Does it work properly or is it kinda slow moving I was debating installing an afrermarket tach in there but i dont know what size i need. Anyone know by any chance??

375instroke

Car doesn't run yet, so I don't know.