News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger 500 XX29LB232018 - R4 - CRW - A47

Started by tan top, August 27, 2021, 07:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtx6970

Quote from: 426HemiChick on July 17, 2022, 12:35:17 PM
Hi Folks,               17 July 2022

Have perused the posts on this thread. Thinking the reason there are no headrests is probably due to a replacement interior.

Head rests were optional prior to Jan 1st 1969, this optional on every 1969 Charger 500 ,
But by the time Daytonas came out , they were standard equipment

472 R/T SE

Quote from: aerolith on July 17, 2022, 09:25:59 AM
Yellow Mopar on a rotisserie with 'original paint'...

Not a lot of yellow under there... :scratchchin:

Thank you sir. 
"Right click, Save As"

Looks like a Hemi car.

aerolith

Roger Gibson, under-restores lol... :2thumbs:

These cars were built 'on a price' to make profit for Mother Mopar!

I remember a famous Challenger out in Cali that was 100% perfect except for the 'painted floor'.
It would have won 'best in show' but the Judges including GG said ''NO''...! :slap:

No car with underfloor body colour can ever be judged... :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

So Collector car mags got involved and the Judges 'backed (eventually) down' lol...

Now it can be judged in a new category, ''Best in Show'' with full body colour lol... :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

If Mother Mopar painted under-floors, then the whole paint shop line would have been changed to do so?
Another $100-$500 on each car lol... :paintingpink: :paintingpink: :paintingpink:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,              18 July 2022

Looked over the rotisserie car. It's not a B body. If it's a Hemi car it should have torque boxes. There's something there but it doesn't look like what our cars have for them. Next time we are at the shop I'll crawl under the RR and take photos of them.

In my opinion, why go to the trouble and expense in making the car look as sloppy as it looked fresh from the factory and Creative's handiwork. If you are having it restored have it look like it should have looked when fresh off the assembly line. Paint runs and overspray don't do a thing for us. If you are spending $200K +, make it look like you spent it.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

hemi-hampton

Quote from: aerolith on July 18, 2022, 10:00:35 AM
Roger Gibson, under-restores lol... :2thumbs:

These cars were built 'on a price' to make profit for Mother Mopar!

I remember a famous Challenger out in Cali that was 100% perfect except for the 'painted floor'.
It would have won 'best in show' but the Judges including GG said ''NO''...! :slap:

No car with underfloor body colour can ever be judged... :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

So Collector car mags got involved and the Judges 'backed (eventually) down' lol...

Now it can be judged in a new category, ''Best in Show'' with full body colour lol... :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

If Mother Mopar painted under-floors, then the whole paint shop line would have been changed to do so?
Another $100-$500 on each car lol... :paintingpink: :paintingpink: :paintingpink:

I remember saying that in here before, Chrysler never painted entire Under Carriages body color. Some people laughed I didn't know what I was talking about & insisted Chrysler did paint there under Carriage body color. :shruggy:

hemi-hampton

Quote from: 426HemiChick on July 18, 2022, 06:53:34 PM
Hi Folks,              18 July 2022

Looked over the rotisserie car. It's not a B body. If it's a Hemi car it should have torque boxes. There's something there but it doesn't look like what our cars have for them. Next time we are at the shop I'll crawl under the RR and take photos of them.

In my opinion, why go to the trouble and expense in making the car look as sloppy as it looked fresh from the factory and Creative's handiwork. If you are having it restored have it look like it should have looked when fresh off the assembly line. Paint runs and overspray don't do a thing for us. If you are spending $200K +, make it look like you spent it.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

I had a Mopar Collector buddy of mine well known in the Hobby that spends big bucks on Resto's that was trying to decide which way to go on one of his Resto's, The better then Factory over restored look or the sloppy orange peely crappy rough factory look. He was told the sloppy orange peely crappy rough factory look was harder to do & more expensive & once done nobody will get it? get why it looks like crap? SO, He went the over restored route. LEON.

426HemiChick

Quote from: hemi-hampton on July 18, 2022, 08:59:21 PM

I had a Mopar Collector buddy of mine well known in the Hobby that spends big bucks on Resto's that was trying to decide which way to go on one of his Resto's, The better then Factory over restored look or the sloppy orange peely crappy rough factory look. He was told the sloppy orange peely crappy rough factory look was harder to do & more expensive & once done nobody will get it? get why it looks like crap? SO, He went the over restored route. LEON.

Hi LEON,               18 July 2022

Your buddy makes sense. Spending all that money trying to make it look as crappy as it did when Creative released it is a joke. We understand Creative was on a tight schedule causing numerous flaws in the finished product. Why try to duplicate that crappy workmanship? To each his own.

Looking at the undercarriage of the C500 is a pleasure. The slop stuff should be relegated to the dustbin of history.

Take Care LEON, and Thanks.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

aerolith

I think after 50 years of RESTO, the powers to be 'NOW' allow 'full painted bodies'.

But when an unrestored original survivor car is put next to it, then the 50 year old car LOOKS BAD! :slap:

Roger Gibson has done his BEST to un-restore his 'restored cars' as they are 'over restored' to Rolls Royce/Cadillac standards.

We all thought he was MAD (some twenty years ago), but I now believe he is right... :2thumbs:

Too hot for RESTO toady in sunny Kent UK, its 100 DEGREES a new record for us Limeys lol... :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

426HemiChick

Quote from: aerolith on July 19, 2022, 07:51:18 AM
Roger Gibson has done his BEST to un-restore his 'restored cars' as they are 'over restored' to Rolls Royce/Cadillac standards.

We all thought he was MAD (some twenty years ago), but I now believe he is right... :2thumbs:

Hi Limey John,                 26 July 2022

Are you saying Roger Gibson has gone back and made changes to the cars he originally restored to make them look like the messes Chrysler and Creative generated? If he did I'm assuming the folks that own the over restored cars requested the "Unrestored" look and paid Roger to do it.

Are you also saying he started un-restoring his beautiful restorations 20 years ago?

If I were younger and was having him restore the Daytona we had, I'd have him make it the most perfect and the best car he ever turned out. I'd never put it on the road again. It would be a museum piece and would only be transported in an armored and totally enclosed trailer. I'd also buy a nice clone to match so I'd have a Dayton to drive. This is nothing against clones; you can make clones but you cannot make a genuine Original Daytona. They are Precious !!! Too many idiots on the highways with their faces buried in some tech device.

Hope all is going well with you and your S.O. Looking forward to the day you and Anne (hope I got her name right) drop in for a visit. You'll always be welcome.

Best Always Limey John

426 Hemi Chicks