News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'68 Grill paint

Started by 44070dart, July 09, 2022, 09:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

44070dart

Am I correct that the '68 grill center is black and just the front edge is silver ( or argent )

csx4590

AFAIK yes the thin edge facing front is silver/argent...

44070dart

Thought so, I've seen pictures of silver on the entire grill and some black with the front edge silver .. thanks

JimShine

Quote from: 44070dart on July 10, 2022, 10:40:29 AM
Thought so, I've seen pictures of silver on the entire grill and some black with the front edge silver .. thanks

My 68 was just silver on the edges. But when I removed the emblem, the argent was clearly intact behind it. So I suspect a lot of these that are untouched had the argent on the grille fins wear off in the wind. The headlight surrounds still had the vertical silver lines clear as day.

Mopar Nut

All of the 68 chargers I've seen had the front grille center fins painted silver. Here are some pictures I pull from the Web.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

44070dart